need your help

This is a discussion on need your help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a Glockaphile but now am seeking the thinness and most concealable gun I can find 9 mil minimum. I've tried with my g 33 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need your help

need your help

I'm a Glockaphile but now am seeking the thinness and most concealable gun I can find 9 mil minimum. I've tried with my g 33 but was too wide. The walther pps was perfectly thin and looked very good but has had some bad reviews. Any help on what would be the next best gun based on conceilability then reliability. I have about 600 dollars to deal with.thanks for any help.

2. Remove Ads

What about a Glock 36? Single stack .45 ACP compact handgun

2nd on the G36 or an M & P
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Keltec PF-9. 7/8" wide. I carried one for two years and it was 100% reliable. Long, heavy DA trigger and kicks like a drunken mule, but a very viable carry piece. As accurate a a 3" barrel in a sub comp can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    Keltec PF-9. 7/8" wide. I carried one for two years and it was 100% reliable. Long, heavy DA trigger and kicks like a drunken mule, but a very viable carry piece. As accurate a a 3" barrel in a sub comp can be.
    All the above except I carry a p11.

I second the Keltec PF-9. I don't think you can get any thinner than that. Conceals in my front pocket quite nicely, but you could do a IWB holster too and leave your pocket for a spare mag.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Get a Kel Tec. Work with the trigger. I think it might be what you're looking for.
    Guess that makes me 3rd?

Thank you gentlemen I appreciate your help. Keltec pf-9 it is, did some research as well after your recomendations pretty impressive overall. From experience then ammo preferences for this little auto? Opinions or experience on the following : Speer gd short barrell +p , Hornady critical defense, Winchester sivertips, Winchester ranger +p+ probably not recomended huh? Thanks

Look at the Kahr P9/CW9 if you want to step up a bit from the Kel-Tec in quality...
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leadtag View Post
    From experience then ammo preferences for this little auto?
    I always carried Cordon DPX 115 gr. +p. However, due to viewing recent side by side testing on YouTube, I'm probably going to change to Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel.

Kahr CW9. Maybe if you look around you can find a PM9 for that. I got my PM9 used with only about 25 rounds through it for $559 plus tax and it even has night sights.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Take the Kahr over the Kel-tec, much better made gun and superior trigger.

Not sure where the PPS 9mm bad reviews are. Every weapon (every product) has someone who dislikes it but what I have read is overwhelmingly positive. Seems the 40 cal may have had some issues but I've seen nothing inherent to the 9mm. I've put probably 1,000 rounds through mine with zero malfunctions. Very shootable, accurate, easy maintenance. I haven't found one bad thing about it. The mag release may be uncomfortable for some, but doesn't bother me at all. The PPS 9mm is my trusted EDC in a TTGunleather snap pancake. Real comfortable, very reliable. I think it is at least worth serious consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadtag View Post
    Keltec pf-9 it is, From experience then ammo preferences for this little auto? : Speer gd short barrell +p , Hornady critical defense, Winchester sivertips, Winchester ranger +p+ probably not recomended huh?
    I would look at some good non +P ammo like Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. or Winchester Silvertips. The PF-9 may shoot +P, but even standard ammo out of this gun is pretty punishing.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    All the above except I carry a p11.
    ^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^

Thats me also!!!

I hear the trigger is a bit better on the PF9, but .....

and either gun is $300 or less.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links