Finally got me a LCP!!!

Finally got me a LCP!!!

This is a discussion on Finally got me a LCP!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to "look" at a shop today and ended up coming home with one of the little buggers. Was leaning toward the Sig P238 but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got me a LCP!!!

Finally got me a LCP!!!

Went to "look" at a shop today and ended up coming home with one of the little buggers. Was leaning toward the Sig P238 but just couldn't bring myself to spend 550 on a pocket gun. Not only that, but the LCP was only 299.00 and since I didn't spend my full 600.00 budget I got the ok from the wife to get a LCR also!!!

It has been a good weekend!

There both nice guns, I was looking at that LCR last week with a CT on it, the crimson trace had it up near 650 so I gave it back to the nice man. You'll love the LCP the only thing I don't like is that the slide doesn't stay open on the last shot, other than that mine keeps going bang. Congrats/enjoy
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

i bought one two days ago. I polished the feed ramp and chamber. Shot 100 rounds out of it immediately. not 1 failure. I was happy. I bought it for my wife who has a ccw also. she has been wearing it for the last two days with an iwb holster I made. I will shoot another 100 or so tommorow and put it into service. \\In case you were thinking, why doesnt she shoot it, she is going to shoot a few rounds through it across the hood of the truck. She is pregnant (again) and we will try to muffle the sound by shooting over the hood. She does shoot alot when she isnt pregnant, so she is experienced carrying and shooting.

i thought it was kind of slippery too, so I stippled it.
    Last edited by HBAR; October 3rd, 2010 at 09:55 PM.

GM
    Congrats and enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Congrats on your new pocket rocket!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats on the new gun. You may want to shoot the LCR before signing any papers or laying down cold hard cash on one. I know the trend is for the lightest weight guns we can possibly make. The trade off is severe recoil, which makes quick double taps to COM almost impossible. The added weight of a all steel snubnose goes a long way to tame recoil, especially with hot SD rounds. I see alot of new shooters with very bad flinching habits because they listened to the guy behind the counter or read the latest gun mag that praises these light weight firearms. I am not saying there isn't a place for these guns, but I am saying they certainly aren't for the new shooter.
    Back to the LCP. My buddy also got one and we did have some early failure to eject and to load. A quick polishing of the feedramp cured it all up. For a great holster for small semi autos try the DeSantis Nemisis. As for rounds to carry there is only one 380 ACP round that I will carry in a SD weapon and that is the Gold Dots by Buffalo Bore. Many want to run down the 380 ACP as being a toy and not a real gun. But they sure won't stand in front of one, will they? These rounds from BB have better ballistics than a 38 special Hydrashok, and who wouldn't feel protected with a J Frame 38? So give us a range report when you get a chance to run it. At least you picked good timing, a year or so ago you couldn't find 380 acp rounds any where, not even plinking rounds. I am sure glad that has been resolved.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Congrats. I've got mine on right now.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    An LCP & LCR is a dream combo come true!!!! Congratulations on a very wise purchase!!!!

A Match Made in Heaven!!!!

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I have a LCP with a CT laser that I carry all the time. It's one of the first batch (370), but I didn't had a bit of problems before I sent it back on recall and haven't since it came back.

Congrats on the LCP and I know you'll love the LCR, that is unless you're really recoil sensitive. I used to think I was recoil sensitive, but when I shot the LCR first time (after I got mine), I was impressed. It is the first snub nose .38 I've ever been comfortable shooting, but it does kick a little. The thing is, if you get a good tight/high grip on it, it kicks backward more than upward unlike just about every snub I've ever shot. So as long as you can handle the rearward kick, you'll like it a lot. Great shooting gun. The trigger on the LCR, after you break it in a little seem to become noticeably lighter.

The LCP has a bit longer of a trigger pull, but smooth. Takes a little getting used to.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Hornady Critical Defense .380 Auto

The Buffalo Bore Gold Dots are highly regarded however I prefer Hornady's 90 gr FTX Critical Defense rounds for self-defense. The rounds are unaffected by thick and heavy clothing, including denim and leather.
    Their patented FTX bullet delivers superior controlled expansion and large, deep wound cavities over a wide range of velocities.
    The clean burning and stable propellants reduce recoil in lightweight handguns, and perform consistently in all temperatures.
    Minimal muzzle flash protects night vision.
    Feeds reliably in all pistols.
    Shiny silver nickel plating prevents corrosion, and is easily visible in low light situations.
    Bullets are cannelured and crimped to avoid bullet setback.
    Bullets are custom designed for individual loads.
    In my opinion, theyare the most effective, consistent, and reliable self-defense ammunition available today.

"It's better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very Essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed" -Rory Miller

Glad to hear so many people on here love the LCP. Traded my TCP for one Saturday, got it home and gave it a good cleaning then put about 50 rounds of various ammo thru it with NO malfunctions.Couldnt say that for the TCP. So far I really like it.

Congrats on both guns. What a great deal, go in for one come home with two, dont forget to thank the mommy. I also just bought an LCP and so far its been 100% reliable right out of the box.. I have fired several different brands of FMJ and JHP all fed and ejected without issue. A friend has an LCR so I was able to fire it in comparison to my J Frame, I find the trigger smoother than a J frame and it also seems to have less recoil.

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Congrats you can't go wrong with either one of those.

High 5 on getting BOTH guns!!! How sweet is that...2 at a time. And two very nice weapons at that. Ruger is probably my favorite manufacturer overall. As usual, NCHornet and tkruf both speak wise words. Heavier snub .38s absorb recoil better and are easier to control. The LCR is a little larger than the Smith j frames, but have a smooth trigger that gets even better with some use and the factory grip is very well suited for a light snub and does a great job. Do a google search on videos that speak specifically to revolver grip (meaning hand positions), and DAO revolver grip. With a DAO snub, grip high and roll the weak hand thumb up over the base of the strong hand thumb and you will see a DRAMATIC difference in perceived recoil and controllability. Check it out and try it at the range and you will find that it levels the playing field and is comparable in feel to a heavier snub. Congratulations, and post up some pics of the pair and give us a range report. You've got a great primary and secondary carry combination with the right holsters. Snub IWB strong side and LCP weak side pocket. Heck, I'm excited for ya!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links