Apartment Revolver

This is a discussion on Apartment Revolver within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; +1 on a Ruger SP101. Mines a 2.25" .357mag. Compact yet incredibly strong....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Apartment Revolver

+1 on a Ruger SP101. Mines a 2.25" .357mag. Compact yet incredibly strong.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    no worries with the mag springs.....
    as stated, constant tension does not a spring wear out, young jedi....
    besides they're cheap and easy to replace....
    I vote GLOCK 32 in .357 sig with a .40 bbl for less expensive range use....
    for revo's, I recommend the S&W 627 or perf center 327...
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

As a fellow apartment dweller, it's hard to beat a 4" wheelie with quality .38spl. loads. .357mag will probably land you in court for reckless endangerment or similar charge when the neighbors see the holes through their apartments.

I've always kept a wheelie handy with either .38spl or even .44spl in my old Anaconda. Charter Arms has a new .44spl Bulldog in J-frame size that looks interesting but .44spl loads are a good bit harder to find locally and somewhat more expensive than .38spl.

Currently, I keep my S&W 642 loaded for my wife and my .45 Mil-spec sleeps beside the bed when not on my hip. I have full confidence that either will, at the very least, allow us time to get to one of two loaded Mossbergs.
    Jack

How about this

44Sp loads are tame in it

plus you can always use the old Dirty Harrys Lines..

Do you feel lucky punk

This is 44 magnum most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head Clean off

45ACP:

No help on the revolver, but think you might want to eveluate the use of buckshot in your shotgun. IMO Buckshot could seriously over penetrate in any apartment I've been in. Maybe some of the bigger loads as an alternative? Just my .02

Good point R&G. My 20ga. currently stays loadedwith #4 Turkey loads (and even that might be a bit too much penetration). My 12ga is loaded with Fed. 9 pellet 00 buck and full choke tube - distance from the foot of my bed to our front door is right at 26'. The only other 12ga. shells I have at the moment are #7-1/2 game loads but I've had squirrels shake them off and keep running - not very confidence inspiring when it comes to home defense.
    Jack

Hi Eric,
    new member here. I'm just reading over some of the messages to
    get a feel for the group. I read your suggestion of snake shot and tried Google to no avail. What is snake shot?

Thanks,
    Len

My 2 cents.
    Ruger SP101 .357
    GP 100 also excellent

I would suggest the same idea as Bud White. Get some kind of 3" to 4" 44mag and load it with 44sp. Take a look at the S&W 629 mountain revolver or some of the Taurus revolvers.
    "EVERYONE is operating with only partial information" :hand27:
    Some Wise Guy, USA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by oldsfguy
    Hi Eric,
    new member here. I'm just reading over some of the messages to
    get a feel for the group. I read your suggestion of snake shot and tried Google to no avail. What is snake shot?

Thanks,
    Len

Here ya go there just shotshells for a handgun come in most calibers and think there only made by CCI

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=757831

R&G, Shotty is a single shot .410 so buckshot is all I trust to stop out of that gauge. .410 for low penetration and single shot so el cheapo. I do believe that .44 might be a little strong for apt. usage, but thanks anyway. I LOVE the idea of a .45ACP revolver (I wonder why). As I stated I don't want to use a semi-auto in my apatrtment, but these do sound like great weapons for my home when I get one eventually.

Thanks- 45ACP4ever
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Here ya Go with Moonclip's ya get a reload 6 at a time

That's a Beauty you got there Bud! What Model? Is that .38? Good pic.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

625 Jm Its a 45 acp 4" Smith and Wesson

Quote Originally Posted by erh
    A nice older S&W "J" frame will do nicely; I have one here (My wife claims it (My 3" Mod. 36, as her's now; that s fine...) Anyway my friend; I suggest (2) rounds of "Snake-Shot" followed by 3 lightly loaded frangible, or Hi expansion HP's...
    You do NOT want to shoot @and "Hit or miss"/ over penetrate the "Bad Guy" or not, and end up killing or maiming your neighbors kid, or something horrible along those lines..!
    Apartment living means a different defensive lifestyle than living in that "Brick Rancher", or out in the "Boondocks..!"
    I peronally know how most apartment buildings are constructed, and bet that you could just about (if not litterally!!) take a "Straight Shot" w/ a high velocity Ball round or similar; or maybe a good "Hot" +P .38 & shoot end to end, all the way through an apartment building... Just be careful! Just my .02 cents worth...
    Not to flame or anything, but protect yourself and being careful is what we as CCW and responsible gun owners do everyday. Secondly, if you have a shot gun and a gun that you use to CCW if you have the license don't worry about getting the .38. I would just keep my carry piece on, and know that the shot gun is available.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links