Question about Norinco 1911

Question about Norinco 1911

This is a discussion on Question about Norinco 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have experience with the new Norinco 1911A1? Thanks in advance...

GM [OP]

Question Question about Norinco 1911

Does anyone have experience with the new Norinco 1911A1? Thanks in advance
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    I have not heard anything positive or negative about these. I have to say that something just is not right about a Chinese 1911 though.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Norinco 1911A1?
    The new one?
    I built a custom off a Norinco 1911A1 over ten years ago. I'll be damned for selling it. You know.....I'd like to have one now! Wilson's Combat will do a build off them actually. I personally think they are of good quality for the price (paid $285 for mine back when). If you've got one....hang on to it. If you're thinking of buying one NIB, $400 maybe? There have been several threads about it here in the forum over the years. If I had another one, I'd more than likely keep it stock knowing what I do now. I thought they were sort of hard to find. But I'll tell you what.....these were the best mil-spec 1911 reproduction pistols on the market at one time, and any mil spec 1911 part will fit. I'm stupid for ever sending mine down the road on a whim. I'd love to have one in my hands right now.

My first 1911 was a Norinco. Marvellous pistol. There were some tool marks on the inside of the slide, but not anywhere that really mattered. The finish was not what I would call pretty, but it wasn't supposed to be. I have also owned Springfield and Colt. That Norinco was probably the best value I ever had in a pistol. If they are ever able to import them again I would buy another in a heart beat. It is really the only 1911 I regret selling.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the new Norinco 1911A1? Thanks in advance

Where are you seeing new ones ??

I see a bunch of used ones on gunbroker.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

I don't know about "new" ones, but I owned one in the mid-90s that was simply the best, most reliable 1911 pattern pistol I've ever owned or shot.

It fed absolutely everything that came near the chamber with boring regularity, and I used it for a couple years as my rabbit hunting pistol. It was a true bunny slayer. Stupidly, I listened to much to folks talking about "cheap chinese POS" long enough to lose confidence in it and sold it.

You won't see new ones in the US but they are cheap and readily available in Canada. --------> http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/

Nornico makes Sig Clones , CZ Clones, M-14's, AR-15's, etc.....

Back in the day, early 80s when the Noricos first came out, they were touted as a cheap imitation of the 1911. MOST people, who know the guns take them and make race/custom guns out of them, due to the weight and other factors (price etc) VERY accurate for the money. They came in Blue and nickle finishes
    If you see one, and it's from 325.00 to 400.00 grab it, you won't be disapointed in the least.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Wow... I would love to have one of the black "Sport" models. Hell, their CZ's look nice as well. Too bad they wont import to the US... how stupid...

GM [OP]
    Thanks for all info..
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Just picked up a norc 1911. Its my first 1911 but it was time for a new .45. the 1911 fit the bill as much as i hate to say it. in the end i got it for the better balistics of the .45acp out of a 5 in barrel. also the weight helps to tame the .45 making it a lil easier to shoot accuratley. And really i just wanted to c what all the hype was about. being a glock guy it was a toss up between it or a g30/36. springfield xd .45 tactical would have been nice to but i rarely see those when im in the market. The norc settled it. It was on the shelf at the local shop next to a springfield gi model with a cool looking compensator and hogue grips. marked at 499$. The norc next to it was marked at 489$ and had the same hogues, extended mag release ( a strange round one thats just bigger then factory buit it threads into the fcatory one), extended slide stop lever, extended beaver tail, full length guid rod, not sure if the sights are modified factory or target sights or something but they have 2 big white dots on the rear wich is a regular mil spec 1911 sight and the front has a big red dot. i was skeptical at first as you never know when yhou buy a gun you know nothing about. but i talked the guy down to 450$ befor tax. he said " there good guns". Almost got the sa gi but decided i wanted to be different since i know alot of people with those and the norc already had everything i wanted on a 1911 besides a beveled mag well and it was cheaper. took it home and started researchingg and read alot of good things about these guns. For starters yes they are exact copies of the original 1911a1. All parts internally are the same as colts. The steel used on the norc is notoriously "hard" compared to others. I read they were made from recycled railroad tracks and they are so hard alot of smiths complain about them damaging there tools. However it is also said that at one time wilson combat prefered the norc and a select other few for there base guns. So far i like mine. No malfunctions and it truly is a cool gun. Not the prettiest and it seems to be built kinda loose wich ive already heard other places. But those same people have said there pistols have been nothing but reliable and accurate. Recoil does seem kinda stout for such a heavy gun with the hogues. The only other .45 i have had was a taurus pt145 and i thaught it was terribly difficult and uncomfortable to shoot. The 1911 isnt that bad but just more then i expected but i guess the .45acp is a pretty potent round so one should expect it to recoil more then a 9mm.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Links