CZ Rami

CZ Rami

This is a discussion on CZ Rami within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd like a little bit of info on the CZ Rami. I looked at one in .40SW a year or so ago in a gun ...

Thread: CZ Rami

CZ Rami

I'd like a little bit of info on the CZ Rami. I looked at one in .40SW a year or so ago in a gun shop, but after reading about problems with that model, I passed. That being said, I've read a few good things about the 9mm version. My only worry is that it can't handle my +P golden sabers (I read somewhere that it doesn't like +P). Many people complained about shooting +P ammo causing it to jam, etc. Can anyone comment on this little gem? On the other hand, I could just get a Glock 26 which I know will work. Oh, and I don't own a glock, but I've been wanting to get one to compliment my XD-9 for a while. If anyone has any sub-compact 9mm that they like, let me know about it!

Edit: I forgot to mention. I am interested in the all-metal model 9mm, not the poly frame model.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    CZ has an excellent reputation. The only one I've owned (or shot) is a vintage, Commie-made CZ-82. While it's a 1988 model, if the quality of today's product is anywhere close to what the company had in '88, I'd say it's good to go.
    Run a search on CZ reviews and I'm willing to say the pluses are overwhelmingly in the lead.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    CZ has an excellent reputation. The only one I've owned (or shot) is a vintage, Commie-made CZ-82. While it's a 1988 model, if the quality of today's product is anywhere close to what the company had in '88, I'd say it's good to go.
    Run a search on CZ reviews and I'm willing to say the pluses are overwhelmingly in the lead.
    I love my CZ-82!

I have the poly version but from what I have read, not much difference with the metal frame as far as weight is concerned. It's a great handgun, very accurate and easy to carry. I have the version with the external safety instead of the decocker version which gives me the option of carrying cocked and locked. I've added meprolight night sights which I ordered directly from CZ-USA.

It seems to handle +p's fine but I don't feed it a steady diet.

It was my edc until recently when I bought a Glock 30. I prefer 10 rds of 45 to 10 rds of 9mm!!! One thing I found out is the Glock fits perfectly in the Highnoon Split Decision that I bought for the CZ. The dimensions of the 2 pistols is nearly identical with the Glock being slightly larger in all dimensions except height. It does weigh a lot more as 11 rds of 230 grains is twice 11 rds of 115.

If looks matter, the CZ looks much nicer than the Glock 26. If you're looking at the metal frame, get a set of wooden grips from marschalgrips.com. They really dress it up.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Plus 1 for Marschals grips. I ordered two for my -82s. Very nice if you don't mind the wait.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I have the CZ-2075 BD, which is the decocker version of the Rami.
    I had the CZ-75 SP-01 and I liked it so much I thought the Rami would be the best carry gun.
    First the good. It is as reliable as a crowbar. Never a glitch, even right out of the box.
    The machining is perfect, as it was with the SP-01.
    But........IMO, it is too thick for a comfortable carry gun. I think 1.3", and it seems every bit that. Also the slide release should be longer like the SP-01.
    I put beautiful grips from Hakken Pek (Bacote wood) on it and a custom holster from HBE with shark trim, and it sits in the safe, because it doesn't really fit any need perfectly. The Kahr PM-9 is a better carry gun and the SP-01 is a better range gun.

I want an alloy one in 40 as my next purchase. There have been some issues reported in the poly/40 combination with these. That being said, it's a thick gun for its footprint at 1.3"

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    My 2075 Rami has been a superb compact 9mm. I polished the feed ramp and it feeds everything now. Hey its a CZ....its going to be good. I have 7 CZ's so I know.

Grips by Dennis Marschalko

The wood grips do add some thinkness to the grip so keep that in mind.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I've never shot any Golden Sabers, but the old Hydra-shock was pretty powerful.

There are better designs than the Saber these days.

I carry Hornady 1115 gr. FTX or Double Tap 147 gold dots in my CZs,

Know that the hotter 115 gr. Double Taps did give my gun slide velocity issues, but
    Mike's 147 does wonderfully, as did the NYPD proven SPEER 124 +P GDs.

I've also learned to stay away from the Powrball in my gun, but other people
    report no problems.

Know, that I never tried the DT Barnes TAC-XP load in my RAMI, but it shot fine out of my P-01.

I bought my Rami used. It is the 9mm all steel, DA/SA model and can be carried cocked and locked. It has the rubber grip inserts which gives a very positive grip of the gun. I've got fifteen handguns and this Rami has the best trigger by far. Short travel and very crisp. It makes an excellent carry piece.

Now that I've praised it I must admit I rarely carry it. No knock on the gun, I just like toting something full size with more rounds in the magazine. I've got a CZ75BD but it seems to be a little too big so I usually go with a third generation Smith and Wesson.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

I have had my RAMI in .40 S&W for quite a few years, a few months after they came out, I just had to have one, and it has been nothing but PERFECT! I have never shot +p ammo out of any gun I own, never saw the reason too, so I can not give any input on that.

Here it is sporting some Haken Pek grips.

CIMG6063 (Small).JPG
    02PSD4ME

I purchased a RAMI shortly after they hit the market. It was a 9 mm, all steel frame, and and has, in fact, never had a problem of any kind. Well, that's not totally true. My eldest daughter was in the market for a new CCW and when she saw it she said, "Oh Daddy" and the RAMI went to live in her home and has resided there with continued no problems of any kind. Great, reliable, handgun. I recommend it without reservation!
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Sponsored Links