Colt Cobra Snubby - newest CC acquirement

This is a discussion on Colt Cobra Snubby - newest CC acquirement within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; About a year ago I picked up a Colt Lawman MkIII in .357 that was in very good condition (didn't need it, but the price ...

About a year ago I picked up a Colt Lawman MkIII in .357 that was in very good condition (didn't need it, but the price was really good). But, due to its heavy and bulky construction, it didn't fit my hand well so it never saw much action. Recently a friend of mine mentioned that he had a snubnose he was thinking about getting rid of for a larger revolver - it was a Colt Cobra .38 spl with that he said was "a little banged up" but reliable. I told him I was interested.

When I saw it, I was kind of shocked - it's got at least 90% blueing - the only damage is a little ding on one side of the barrel crown (probably someone carrying it and dropped it I'm guessing) and a slight amount of blueing wear around the handle. He got the Lawman and I got the Cobra + $100 bucks.

I've got to say - I really love this gun. Now I just have to look around for some decent carry leather and put a few rounds through it to get used to the recoil. The following pic isn't my actual gun - no camera around at the moment - but I wanted to make sure everyone knew what model I'm referring to (my piece is actually in a little better shape than the following pic).

Last edited by Risque007; October 8th, 2010 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Clarification
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

Very nice revolver.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I have one, that and it's all steel twin the Colt Detective - and later another twin the Colt Agent (except for grips which are a bit shorter than the other two) are all great snubbs. Many think the Detective (and therefore the others) are the best snubs to ever made right up to the present.

Enjoy it!

Cool

I am so envious...... congrats. One day I will find my Dick Special. Until then I have to be content with others good fortune.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Thumbs up Sweet

A classic easy packing sixshooter.
    U.S. Army Veteran

Everybody needs to own a snubby! Congrats! Enjoy.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I have a Cobra that I love,mine is a 3rd issue with the shrouded barrel. I've had the hammer bobbed and added pachmayr compac grips.

This is a great carry gun I carry in my right front pocket or IWB,depeneding on my dress that day. I use a kramer pocket holster and a Richie leather nighthawk (the nighthawk is the same exact holster as the alessi talon,skip richie worked with Lou for many years) IWB holster.

I highly recommend both of these rigs as they are top of the line in quality. I love my Cobra it conceals easily and is a great carry gun.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

Links