So I have this good pistol...

This is a discussion on So I have this good pistol... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; among quite a few I own. Y'all may or may not know of it, a CZ 40B. It was a collaboration between Colt and CZ ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I have this good pistol...

So I have this good pistol...

among quite a few I own. Y'all may or may not know of it, a CZ 40B. It was a collaboration between Colt and CZ from the 90's in 40 S&W caliber that never took off so to speak in a attempt to gain access to the LE market. The intial run was quite small and thats when I bought mine. Then, they decided to produce more because the 1st run sold well. The 2nd run fizzeled. The Colt versions are collector pieces that sell for a kilo buck +. My particular 40B sports Hakan Pek of Norway slim wood grips in a effort to make if more user friendly in double action to my not so large hands. (one offs, 1st ones made) Results look great and helped, but a reduced poundaged trigger pull would have been better. I did not want to take a chance on reducing reliability. The pistol is otherwise near cherry. I put a heavier recoil spring in to assist in felt recoil management. I carried her cocked/locked during the time she was my squeeze of preference. I am contemplating selling her. Hence the problem. There are almost none out there for sale. I have no idea what to ask for her. Don't get dumb here , I wasn't born yesterday and just retired after 34 years as a LEO, many at command level.
    What say yee, sell her or keep safe queening her? I do take her out to the range once in a while as it is fun to shoot.

2. Remove Ads

Not sure it will help, but could you post a picture? Sounds like an interesting gun. I would go to a bookstore or sporting goods store that has books and look through the blue book. Probably would be your best bet. Also checking GB and GunsAmerica would be a good point of reference.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    One of my son's has one of these as his primary carry gun and he loves it. This is one of the CZ secrets in great defensive firearms. Think twice before you trade it it.

[QUOTE=rathos;1779422 Also checking GB and GunsAmerica would be a good point of reference.[/QUOTE]

I'll attempt to post up a photo. Research on the auction sites and GA is negative.

Sell it for 500

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    A local gunshop had one last year, very clean condition, had box and papers. Sold it for $425.00, but it took awhile. I looked it over, didn't care for it enough to purchase.

There is an ad on the Indiana Gun Owners site for an unfired Colt version of this pistol. I believe the guy is asking $650.00. Sounds like that would be a good deal for someone, if the Colt version is that collectible.

Cool

I am supposing this is the current model.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/CZ-4001700.html

To get much more than this it would have to be someone who is a collector specializing in this particular series made by Colt/CZ. Good Luck !
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    No disrespect but this firearm goes under the classification "It's worth more to me, then it is to everyone else" category. I think we all can relate to something we have owned over the years.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Thanks Old School, thats it. However, that photo/ad is 4 years old and has the stock grips, which I just found along with the literature last night. So now I have a good idea what it sold for new. Want to know what I paid for a NIB Browning .380 Silver Chrome BDA a few years ago vs now? I appreciate all the help here. Thanks again. The prices of the only two I saw in recent months now make sense. There is also the old rule that something is worth what someone is willing to pay. Now is it for sale? Thats the question Yorik... I still like hearing what is THAT?, but then again a little birdie told me the gun market may go south shortly. Hmmm

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    The one I examined appeared to be a solid firearm, rather attractive as well. Glad you apreciate yours. I'm sure it is a fine pistol, I just couldn't get interested enough to pay the asking price......... The 10 rounder magazines were a bit of a turn off, as well as wondering about getting a decent leather holster for it.

Not to change the topic, but how is the gun market going south, and why would that be? I found the statement rather cryptic............

The CZ forum is a decent resource for this pistol: http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?board=20.0
    I have one that I bought a while back. After shipping and FFL fees, I have about $350 in the gun. I tried to sell it on the CZ forum for $365, but there was absolutely no interest in it at that price. I very rarely shoot the gun as it is a little too big for me and because 9mm ammo is so much cheaper. I'm not trying to sell gun anymore, and keep toying with the idea of having it converted to a single action only pistol. Trigger reach for SA is much much shorter than for DA. Unless you really need the money, I would not sell the gun. While some one may not pay me $365 for the pistol, it is everybit as much pistol as a CZ75 that sells for $465.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

100_2145.JPG

Here's a pic of my CZ-40B

What is your motivation to sell it? Strapped for cash, want to fund another project, need room in your safe, don't want a safe queen you don't carry or shoot much? The reason for considering selling is a key point. I have a few I've thought about selling, then said to myself, "Why?" I've regretted selling most every gun I've ever sold...so I quit selling them.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    What is your motivation to sell it? Strapped for cash, want to fund another project, need room in your safe, don't want a safe queen you don't carry or shoot much? The reason for considering selling is a key point. I have a few I've thought about selling, then said to myself, "Why?" I've regretted selling most every gun I've ever sold...so I quit selling them.
    Ha, uhm, yes to just about all the above. I get a bug up my behind for something new, the permit looks like an accordian, I've been cleaning out as of late too, so... I recent sold two with no remorse. I'm probably keeping the 40B as she is somewhat rare. I still shoot her well in single action action and the Hakan's are pretty. Damn girls hid my camera or I'd try to post a picture of her. Looks quite different with wood grips. My 75B Military is a keeper for the Kadet slide alone. Accurate as all get out, in fact so accurate the wife scares hell outta me with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links