Talked to GLock, New Gen4 G-27 coming soon.

This is a discussion on Talked to GLock, New Gen4 G-27 coming soon. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, I have a G-22 Gen 3 and G-22 Gen 4 and the Gen 4 does reduce recoil quite a bit. I have been kicking ...

Thread: Talked to GLock, New Gen4 G-27 coming soon.

Talked to GLock, New Gen4 G-27 coming soon.

Hello,

I have a G-22 Gen 3 and G-22 Gen 4 and the Gen 4 does reduce recoil quite a bit. I have been kicking around the idea of a G-36 (single stack 45 ACP) vs. the new Gen 4 G-27. Anyone have any useful advice. I used to have a Gen 3 G27 but sold it due to I just would carry by G23 or G30. The G36 is slim and nice but only 6+1 in round (big 230gr round) count.

I am in the process of probably getting all or most Gen 3s out for Gen 4s but didn't know what anyone's experience was with the upcoming Gen 4 G27, if any if it has been released.

Thanks, Lumpy.

2. Remove Ads

My most recent edition of the Glock Report Volume II, 2010 mentions nothing about 4th generation sub-compacts. It does however mention the upcoming 4th generation G19s and G23s. Seems they like to turn out the new models around the turn of the year. I'm just wondering exactly what they could do on the sub-compacts to consider them a 4th generation.
    Maybe move the front of the trigger guard back some and have an integral frame rail? What would most avid Glocksters want to see in a 4th generation sub-compact? I personally can't visualize an advancement over the current design of the sub-compacts myself.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Does the Gen 4 glocks have the same grip angel as the Gen 3?

Ram Rod,

All that I can say is that I called Glock on Friday because I wanted to see if they had any intentions on making the G36 in the Gen4 style. I really like the texture and the mag release. THe lady that I talked to said that the G17 and G22 were first but also available now are the G19, G23, and G31 (full size .357 SIG). Approved to go ahead with are the longslide tactical G34 and G35, the fullsize .45 GAP G37 and the G27. Why did they pick the G27 and what are they doing to it, I don't know. That is just what she told me.

The advancedments to me are the grip texture and the mag release as well as possibly a slightly updated recoil spring (possibly).

Later, Lumpy.

I really am in a debate with myself over getting a G36 or the soon coming G27 Gen4. Since I mainly carry a G22 or G23 (or some 1911s) I wanted to get something small and light such as the G36 or G27 for those instances where dressing to conceal my G22 just isn't practical.

i would personally love to see a rail on the sub compact glocks. has anyone heard of this w/ the Gen 4??

So......Lumpy.....did this lady you talked to at Glock sound hot or not?
    Okay..never mind.
    As far as the G36, it's a Glock of it's own with little support other than this forum IMO. I've looked into getting one myself a few times. Got no qualms with a single stack myself especially in 45ACP. Maybe the G27 is on the remake. Seems to me that the 4th generation Glocks were developed around end user issues with aftermarket accessories, and end user input. Some will say Glock is slow to come around. Most of those who say that are thinking competitively. Glock has topped the market for a long time and rightfully so. A basic military pistol, and a law enforcement supplier....a true combat pistol now sees more interest in the civilian market and they are listening. The American market for Glocks and the demand may approach 50% of their worldwide demands as a whole. I seriously doubt that Glock will ever have to seriously compete with anyone else in the global market. The US market is more than likely one of their most diversified since we are a free nation and still open to civilian ownership of firearms. They want to cater to this market more since it's more open than others. That's a good thing for them and for us. Make an OEM Glock pistol that's customizable for the end user only make sense in the American market since we seem to want more than the rest of the world. We are seldom satisfied with what's available. We feel the need to personalize everything.

i would personally love to see a rail on the sub compact glocks. has anyone heard of this w/ the Gen 4??
    Just my ramblings as to what a 4th gen sub-compact Glock might entail.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    My most recent edition of the Glock Report Volume II, 2010 mentions nothing about 4th generation sub-compacts. It does however mention the upcoming 4th generation G19s and G23s. Seems they like to turn out the new models around the turn of the year. I'm just wondering exactly what they could do on the sub-compacts to consider them a 4th generation.
    Maybe move the front of the trigger guard back some and have an integral frame rail? What would most avid Glocksters want to see in a 4th generation sub-compact? I personally can't visualize an advancement over the current design of the sub-compacts myself.
    From the 4th gens I have seen and shot, I don't see an advancement in the mid or full size either.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

GM
    The 4th generation G19 is already available.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I recall reading somewhere that Gen 4 Glocks will not be legal in California. Anyone know if that is fact or fiction and if true why so?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Apparently the only thing that is legal in CA is marijuana.

I consider most of the Gen 4 changes as merely cosmetic and only the use of the dual recoil spring a change in function. I haven't shot one, most of those who have seem to thing it reduces the recoil to some extent, and that's probably a good thing. My son used a .357 conversion barrel in his G27 and said it's really a handfull! Not what he would want to shoot much. If the G27 uses the dual recoil spring, perhaps it would help in teh .357 Sig caliber also.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    The only Glock I ever owned was a G36 and I would love to see what they do with it in the 4-Gen update.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

They are already in some dealers...my LEO distributor I buy direct from has them already.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I assume the Gen 4 "baby Glocks" will also have the interchangeable backstraps to address those with smaller hands?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Links