Defensive Carry banner

Belgian Browning Hi Power....

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Old School 
#1 ·
I was having a front night sight installed on my SP-101 today and my gunshop just got in a used Belgian Hi Power. It is from an estate sale and it is about 90 % with 4 magazines. I field stripped it and it is in VG + on the inside. They are asking $550 out the door. The gun is factory stock except for Pachmayr grips. I really do not need another pistol especially one that is 1935 technology. That said I traded my last Hi Power in the mid 70's for a Combat Commander and darn if just holding this one reminded me that I have never held a semi auto pistol that fit my hand and shot as well for me as my old HP. I would have to sell something and it would most likely be my G-19 which spends a lot of time in the safe since I got the G-23. What's a fellow to do ? :duh:

#3 ·
You know what you're gonna do. You're gonna end up with the Browning--one way or another.

#4 ·
Calling a BHP old technology (that is what you actually do) is the same that calling a 1911 old technology. IMO the BHP along with the 1911 are two of the best pistols ever made, no matter their age. The G-19 is a good gun, but the BHP plays in its own division.

#5 ·
Gasmitty what the heck are you doing sending that link. So I buy the HP and spend another $3000 at Heirloom Precision or Cylinder and Slide or where ever and get the tricked out special. What a beautiful gun that is. OldVet your no help all you are doing is telling me to go ahead and go into the cookie jar. Isn't there someone out there that is going to tell me no don't buy the HP ? Even my wife said do what you think is best.........ummm maybe that was a covert no.:blink:

#10 ·
I traded a G19 for a Belgian GP-35 earlier this year, and feel it was one of the best trades I've ever made.

Hold off on the G19...trust me.

#11 ·
Hi Powers were to the go weapon for years for those invloved in the body-guard business. Capacity (9mm) was better than 45 and you could always find parts for them, no matter where you were. Belgian P-35's were a preferance, I have used HP's made in Argentina and other parts of the world. $550 is a fair price. But I would pay double, just for the memories, if nothing else.

#17 ·
My wife doesn't know have a "covert no." She makes no mistakes about it. Anything less than that gets interpreted as a yes!

I suspect roses are in order on the homefront.

#19 ·
:haha:

No I will not have to buy roses this time. Two weeks ago for no special reason I bought her a new Taylormade Lady Burner Driver and 3 wood. This is just my "return on investment".......LOL :danceban:

#18 ·
Any Browning made in Belgium is a great piece....I have a '64 vintage Browning .22 Auto made in Belgium that I have to put a NOT FOR SALE sign on! And I made the mistake of letting a Belgium HP go back in '74 for 400 bucks.....big mistake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.