Drank the Koolaid !!

This is a discussion on Drank the Koolaid !! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Pinklady and I have drank the Koolaid. Today we picked up a G19 (Gen 3). Taking it tomorrow to have Trijicon night sights and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drank the Koolaid !!

Drank the Koolaid !!

The Pinklady and I have drank the Koolaid. Today we picked up a G19 (Gen 3). Taking it tomorrow to have Trijicon night sights and an extended slide release installed. Then I will have to take the obligatory pics.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Congats!

VIP Member
    Watch out or she'll have put of these on it!!

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?...oducts_id=6493
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Congratulations on the new G19!
    Who actually picked it out?
    Night sights are good IMO.
    You might have tried it with factory sights and see what difference the night sights make. For me, the NS have always improved the sight picture. The stock ones, I've tended to shoot a bit low. Trijicons are good, but I prefer Meprolights now. Either way, the sight picture is enhanced IMO...daylight or dark over the OEM sights. The extended slide release? If you're having the swap done at a gunsmith or shop....make sure you keep the original slide release. You paid for it...no reason for the gunsmith to keep it...and you may want to swap back later. (Gunsmiths like extra parts). Seriously. Keep your pistol parts.
    You could take before and after pics actually. "Obligatory"? Not really, but it's sure nice seeing YOUR new pistol. Don't matter if they all do look alike.....it's yours and you're proud as you should be.
    I would do the slide release swap for you for free just to get you into the shop and talk Glocks. Wishing you all were closer actually. Don't let the shop charge over $100 for al,l sights and work because it will only take them 15 minutes to do. If the shop you bought it from is doing the work, it should be even less. Keep in touch and keep us up-to-date. Actually glad Pinklady wants to try it out! The "kool-aid" is good. I think you'll both be happy.

Nice pick up! G19 best all around glock! IMHO

GM
    Congrats and enjoy.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Yep, there will be more. Something about a Glock, cant have just one. Im after a G29SF right now. I was in the gun store today and a "HOT" chick walks in. A very attractive lady in her late thirtys. She got to talkin Glock and pulled up her shirttail to show us a Glock 29 SF 10mm in hot pink dura-coat. After she left the guys said she knows how to use it too. She was a GSSF shooter. Ahhh if only I was a single man. Anyway congrats on your new Glock. Send us the PICS.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Oh ohhhh....now you've done it!! Welcome to the G19 gang......I got the sickness a long time ago.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

SEMPER PARATUS

Very nice pick up! That's what I carry, a G19 Gen 3. Congrats! :)

Congrats on your Glock flavored kool-aid!!! I'm sure you'll love it. I say go with the pink grip sleeve. I sure wouldn't mess with anyone (male or female) that had a pink gun!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Ramrod - We both picked it out. I've had a couple different G19's in the past and both went their way. The last one left me over 7 years ago. Have regretted it ever since. This one is here to stay. We quit selling/trading. We only buy (collect) them now. :) The shop we bought it from is not doing the sights and extended slide release. We are taking it to a LGS to one of the guys in there that we know. He didn't have night sights today, but said he would have trijicon's in tomorrow. I did think his charge was a bit high. $99 for the Sights. $16.xx for the extended slide release, and installation fee $30 for everything. Total around $146 what I guestimated. Like I said, I thought it was a bit high. Wish we were closer, we would bring it by and let you install them. He said it would take him 10 minutes for the slide release and 20 minutes for the sites.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

You'll come out okay. For the $40 difference I think it should cost you over all, we'd make a 120 mile round trip (you buy lunch) down to my club range and let you test it out. The $40 would pay for gas easily. I wish a lot of you forum members lived closer. What a time we'd have! $16 for the slide release is pats alone. Like I said...keep your original because it's worth just as much. Glad you all got back into the G19. I've regretted things in the past as well. The day you own up to your mistakes is the day you come closer to being whole. Never feel remorse for what's done in the past. Learn and make tomorrow better for yourself.

Cool beans. BTW, what made you choose the Gen 3 over the Gen 4?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

kpw
    Congrats! The G19 is my favorite flavor!
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Cool beans. BTW, what made you choose the Gen 3 over the Gen 4?
    Don't like the RTF type grip of the Gen 4. Much prefer the Gen 3 grip.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links