A new addition!

This is a discussion on A new addition! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; SDC10277.JPG SDC10276.JPG SDC10275.JPG M&P45c Fresh off my bench from a good cleaning a lubing. I am generally not a "Ergo's" type of guy. My belief ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new addition!

A new addition!

SDC10277.JPGSDC10276.JPGSDC10275.JPG

M&P45c Fresh off my bench from a good cleaning a lubing.

I am generally not a "Ergo's" type of guy. My belief is (WAS) it's a pistol, not a couch. I said that interchangeable back straps was a stupid idea. Then I put this pistol in my hand and I am a changed man! Sweet mary this thing has the best ergo's of any gun I have ever held. It feels incredibly thin (Nothing like a double stack .45). All the controls are comfortable for me to reach without having to reposition my hand OR the gun.

I LOVE the grip. You can see in the picture that the mag with out the extended rest on it still allows me to get a good 3 finger purchase on it but doesn't "waste" any grip extending past my hand. I'm a thin guy so I very much appreciate a grip I can get three fingers on but doesn't extend any past that.

It is the most naturally pointing pistol I have ever held. Even more so then my 1911. My glock 26 point's well. This bad boy points amazing. I can't wait to get it to the range to try some point shooting. I'm thinking my defensive load of choice will be 185g speer gold dots. Going to take her to the range this weekend and give her a good workout.

The only downside so far is that it's heavier then my G26. But I have been wearing it around the house for the past few hours and I'm already starting to not notice it. Luckily it fit well in my old super tuck for my PT145 I traded a while back. I hope this baby shoots as good as it feels!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

Love to hear your opinion of the trigger.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Quote Originally Posted by wormtown View Post
    Love to hear your opinion of the trigger.
    The break is great. very crisp and clean but the travel up to that point up is like sand paper.. It's so gritty I can actually hear the grit. I'm sitting here just dry firing it as I have heard that it helps to smooth it out.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I could never get over the trigger myself, but tried a friends with the apex sear and it does seem a cheap and easy improvement. I agree about the ergos and pointing.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

GM
    Glad you like it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Dude! Trust me, you will love this firearm! I have had a test going. APEX .vs the factory trigger. I have to say that the factory trigger has broke in really well. I will shoot a few more rounds to make sure. I can't complain either way as I really like M&P's.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

M&P are great pistols. I have two myself. Enjoy the 45c.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

VIP Member
    Great catch, Rollo. I was thinking that you were overdue for a new little friend. I'll post mine today if I can find my camera...

Nice! I'm intrigued by the M&P's hopefully one of these days I can try one out.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Great catch, Rollo. I was thinking that you were overdue for a new little friend. I'll post mine today if I can find my camera...
    lol, yeah, I was a bit overdue. I'd been wanting a .45 for carry for some time now and the combination of the short grip with a 4 inch barrel just really caught my attention. The increasing popularity and quality of theline helped as well.

Congrats and enjoy your new baby !
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Well, you've been talking (typing ) about a .45 for some time; looks like ya got a good one
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Well, you've been talking (typing ) about a .45 for some time; looks like ya got a good one

haha, You are correct. The funny thing is that I almost for a split second possibly kind of thought about considering another PT145. Then I figured the amount of crap I would take from sixto for buying another one wouldn't be wrth it so I went with the S&W lol. All joking aside I really did like the idea of the 4 in barrel but shorter grip of the M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Dude! Trust me, you will love this firearm! I have had a test going. APEX .vs the factory trigger. I have to say that the factory trigger has broke in really well. I will shoot a few more rounds to make sure. I can't complain either way as I really like M&P's.
    Mine too. After 100 rounds my trigger just glides.

Without looking at the specs, I would say it's bigger than the G26, and if you've loaded it up with them heavy 45's, that would add to the weight, so yeah, I'd say it's heavier than the G26. But hey, it's a 45! Nice choice. I hope you enjoy it. I'd like to try an M&P one day. Congrats on the new 45.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links