(A rant) I am SO MAD!!

This is a discussion on (A rant) I am SO MAD!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In my experience if you are that unhappy with something you need to make it go away. A carry gun should be a loved and ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: (A rant) I am SO MAD!!

Distinguished Member
    In my experience if you are that unhappy with something you need to make it go away.

A carry gun should be a loved and trusted piece of hardware. Hardware, replaceable hardware. Wouldn't it be great if all our relationships were this fixable?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Check your mail.

gtv
    Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    A carry gun should be a loved and trusted piece of hardware. Hardware, replaceable hardware. Wouldn't it be great if all our relationships were this fixable?
    ^ This

More than likely, even if you send it off to Sig and they fix it, this issue will still be in the back of your mind from now on. You have to be able to trust your carry piece, and if you cannot, find another one. Piece of mind does not have to cost a fortune: as others have stated, pick up a good revolver (S&W has a good rebate program right now on their .38 snubs). In the meantime, send this one off to mother for repair, and then trade it in on something you will feel comfortable with.
    "Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day... Teach a man to fish and he'll spend all his time in the basement tying flies and neglecting his personal hygiene." -- Jimmy James

"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!" -- Admiral James T. Kirk

Let SIG fix it, then sell it. Clearly you're tainted and distrust the gun now. Time to sell it and move on.

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Get revolvers.......way less trouble.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

USCG Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    Okay my sig p220 is the BIGGEST PIECE OF CRAP. This is it. I got a lemon. Im so mad.

Good luck getting resolution for your sig man

amen bro. may I take the liberty to tweek your statement and add "Get a S&W Revolver" ? way less trouble.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

Okay,
    anytime we decide to start a thread about taurus's having all these problems (and i jumped in too), im going to bring up how my sig p220 is the BIGGEST PIECE OF CRAP.
    GRRR. Its not CPO or new so I have no warranty. Sig offered me options, all of which cost about 100 bucks or more and I have to lose my gun for 4 weeks.
    IM SO MAD. I took it into were I bought it and had the gunsmith look at it, told me to send it to Sig. Called sig and guy at sig CS said what I said ^^^ up there.
    Why did I ever sell my beretta? I never had problems with anything like i have with this expensive and highly reputable turd.
    This is it. I got a lemon. Im so mad.
    Seriously thinking about taking this gun that has problems and selling it and buying my Beretta 96 back from my step dad for $300 (3/mags 3 holsters, nightsites, ammo)

Smith Wesson and Ruger CS is looking better and better.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Echoing paul34's comment, what exactly is the problem with the 220? I can't remember anyone ever calling a full-sized Sig "the biggest piece of crap" before, so I'm really curious what the problem is. There is a host of Sig owners here, lots of 220 owners, and I would venture that the collective experience with them is on the highly positive side. However, no matter what the product or brand there are always lemons out there.

Give us a detailed description of what the gun's problem is, and how you've tried to remedy it so far... there might be some helpful advice available from the members here.
    Never had any problems with any of my Sigs except when I sold the 239, my 220 has been flawless,. What is wrong with it exactly
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

You could always get rid of the Sig and replace it with a Taurus. That is what I carry and haven't have a lick of trouble out of either of them. Besides their warranty is forever regardless of how many owners.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

It is a tool, all tools can or will break at some time. Find something to carry in the meantime, send it to Sig and when it comes back check it out, and decide then whether you can trust it again or not.

Good luck.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I'm one of the flawless Taurus owners (wow, it happens). They have a lifetime warranty that goes with the gun regardless of owner. I would have thought Sig would have better service. I've seen some negative posts lately about Sig CS. I can't speak to either as I have no experience with them. I say send it in, get it fixed, sell it, and get something else. About all you can do, really. It really inhales with great force...hope it works out.

Everyone does need a snub revolver...Ruger SP101 and S&W 442 are both great. Revolvers are about as simple and reliable as it gets.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Seriously thinking about taking this gun that has problems and selling it
    Let's stand back a little and analyze what you are saying here.

You've indicated in your earlier thread about your "P220 problems" that you were so upset that someone sold you a used gun with issues. Yet, you now say that you are going to turn around, and do the very same thing to someone else?
    Last edited by rstickle; October 16th, 2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Complaint by third party

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Three questions:

1. What makes it a "turd" and a "lemon"? What's happening with it?
    CCW9mm:

Go back in the forum and search for the thread "P220 Problems". He describes in depth in that thread what is going on.

The gun functions perfectly fine with any ammo with just 7 rounds in the magazines. It also functions absolutely fine with 8 rounds of 230 gr hardball in the magazines.

However, if he loads the gun with 8 rounds of a real short Starfire Hollowpoint load, the bullet nose dives and fails to feed when he tries to chamber the first round.

The gun is obviously not a "lemon", as he said that it was a law enforcement trade in. It clearly has had some use, though.

You gotta be able to trust your weapon 100% , if you dont trust it, sell it and get something else.

VIP Member
    So all this is over the weapon not feeding with a certain brand of HP ammo or with mags loaded to capacity with HP but it works fine with ball?

New mags seem in order and don't use that brand of HP ammo. I have owned guns that did not like a certain brand of ammo. Anyone remember the Speer Flying Ashtray .45 ACP round? Many a gun was sent off for mods in order to fire this type ammo or dumped all together because the pistol would simply not work with it. I picked up a very nice Plaxco .45 because the owner claimed it was a lemon, he saw me weeks later carrying the gun and stated "Oh you must have sent it off for repairs" my reply was "No changed brands of ammo" the look on his face was priceless.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links