(A rant) I am SO MAD!! - Page 3

(A rant) I am SO MAD!!

This is a discussion on (A rant) I am SO MAD!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Every make and model of firearm can have a lemon somewhere in its lineup. If it's mechanical, in can have a problem. I've seen $2500 ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: (A rant) I am SO MAD!!

Every make and model of firearm can have a lemon somewhere in its lineup. If it's mechanical, in can have a problem. I've seen $2500 guns come back to a gun shop for 'fixin' by an angry customer who can't believe his custom gun has something wrong with it.
    That said, I do believe that most mechanical problems can be fixed...hang in there.
    Even Glocks, that's right, I said EVEN a Glock can have a problem in every 20 million guns produced....I'm just sayin'
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Seems that the problem is....he is having a problem, saying what the problem is...

This 220 is only a problem it you're on the wrong end of it...

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Get your Beretta back and sell the Sig. I've never handled a P220 (never appealed to me), but my 96D has never failed me.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Oh sorry...I get it now....he expects you to search the forum for other threads to discover for yourself what his problem is....why didn't I think of that?
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

I can seem to find what the problem with his Sig is either.But I would be happy to buy it for $300.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

VIP Member
    Twoguns I already beat you to the punch sent him a PM if he wanted to get rid of it to let me know.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Twoguns I already beat you to the punch sent him a PM if he wanted to get rid of it to let me know.
    I sent him a P.M. last night at 8:22 asking what he would take. No reply as yet.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Anyone remember the Speer Flying Ashtray .45 ACP round? Many a gun was sent off for mods in order to fire this type ammo or dumped all together because the pistol would simply not work with it.
    Yes, I definitely remember that load. It used to be considered one of the most effective .45 ACP self-defense loads on the market. It received endorsements from a number of prominent gun writers.

However, the bullet design was extremely short. I think that the reason why it never became more widely popular was due to these feeding issues it had that you mention.

The same thing may well be true of this Starfire load, as it also has a short length, and has also never developed that much of a following.

Massad Ayoob was so upset when Speer discontinued making the "Flying Ashtray" in 2000, that he even wrote an obituary for the ammo in Gun Magazine. You can read it here:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...6/ai_64259193/

Here is a photo of what the round looked like:

VIP Member
    There is a whole lot of speculation going on in this thread. The OP has never responded to anything except his initial rant. This is the same person who had two guys almost kick his door down. If you remember, he responded with his GP 100. The door was fixed the next day and we didn't get much of a follow up on the situation.

The Sig P220 is a reliable service pistol. It was apparently bought used by the OP. We don't know what the condition was. It was most likely a police trade-in but we don't know that either. Some of the cartridges the OP has used may be questionable.

In any FTF situation especially with a used pistol, the first thing to check is the magazine. Second would be the cartridges and then the recoil spring. After that, unless you are a competent gunsmith, it is best to send it to the factory for repairs. All firearms have a usable service life before needing minor or major repairs.

Once repaired, then sell it or trade it. I would never sell a broken gun "as is" without disclosing the problem or at least the suspected problem to a buyer.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I'm one of the flawless Taurus owners (wow, it happens). They have a lifetime warranty that goes with the gun regardless of owner. I would have thought Sig would have better service. I've seen some negative posts lately about Sig CS. I can't speak to either as I have no experience with them. I say send it in, get it fixed, sell it, and get something else. About all you can do, really. It really inhales with great force...hope it works out.

Everyone does need a snub revolver...Ruger SP101 and S&W 442 are both great. Revolvers are about as simple and reliable as it gets.

I second what Big Dude says!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I've always thought Sigs were good guns. My Fire Chief, who is also a neighboring county Sergeant LEO said they got rid of theirs due to reliability issues and went with S&W. Another friend bought a Sig 238 and had to return it because it would not cycle without jamming. So, I don't know. Maybe they were lemons, but when two people in a row have the same issues with a manufacturer, one being county wide..I'm leery
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    Can anyone talk me out of it?
    Bring it back to your Dealer, where you purchased it, and look over his current inventory..........I firmly believe you had troubles with your gun when you first purchased it, therefore, your dealer deserves to let you trade it in...(just tell him you're upgraading to a different model/mfgr.......Take a look at the H&K USP guns (including the older ones) in the compact models..The USP 45 Compact is a GREAT Carry gun, and is also a VERY RELIABLE sidearm. They dis assemble easily and have a great deal of positive attributes to offer..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    There is a whole lot of speculation going on in this thread. The OP has never responded to anything except his initial rant. This is the same person who had two guys almost kick his door down. If you remember, he responded with his GP 100. The door was fixed the next day and we didn't get much of a follow up on the situation.

The Sig P220 is a reliable service pistol. It was apparently bought used by the OP. We don't know what the condition was. It was most likely a police trade-in but we don't know that either. Some of the cartridges the OP has used may be questionable.

In any FTF situation especially with a used pistol, the first thing to check is the magazine. Second would be the cartridges and then the recoil spring. After that, unless you are a competent gunsmith, it is best to send it to the factory for repairs. All firearms have a usable service life before needing minor or major repairs.

Once repaired, then sell it or trade it. I would never sell a broken gun "as is" without disclosing the problem or at least the suspected problem to a buyer.
    I've recently spoken with several employees who work at Sig BTW I once worked there making the frames and slide for the guns. They hav edisclosed, there was a definate issue with some mags not being able to load 8 rounds without having a feedproblem. I once thought the OP's problem stemmed from the slide catch, and i now trust the opinions of my former co workers at Sig. (it seems the followers had discrepencies in the O/A length of the legs of the follower, meaning you couldn't load 8 rounds into the mag. The P220 and other s should be able to feed ANY ammo with a great deal of reliability no matter what. This is what we're paying for, RELIABILITY in the guns we buy. Our Lives depend on it.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

You bought a used gun,maybe somebody fiddled with it and screwed it up,so then they sell it or trade it to get rid of their problem
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Originally Posted by SIGP250

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I've recently spoken with several employees who work at Sig BTW I once worked there making the frames and slide for the guns. They hav edisclosed, there was a definate issue with some mags not being able to load 8 rounds without having a feedproblem. I once thought the OP's problem stemmed from the slide catch, and i now trust the opinions of my former co workers at Sig. (it seems the followers had discrepencies in the O/A length of the legs of the follower, meaning you couldn't load 8 rounds into the mag. The P220 and other s should be able to feed ANY ammo with a great deal of reliability no matter what. This is what we're paying for, RELIABILITY in the guns we buy. Our Lives depend on it.
    Yes, but this is a used pistol. I KNOW the Sig 220 is proven and reliable, even used ones, provided they are properly maintained. We don't even know from the OP if his has a factory mag in it.
    New Sig 220 magazines are manufactured in Italy for Sig by Mec-Gar and always have been since the 220 began being built in the US. There may very well be issues with new 220 mags. You may know, Sig is not using Mec-Gar for the 238.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links