(A rant) I am SO MAD!! - Page 4

(A rant) I am SO MAD!!

This is a discussion on (A rant) I am SO MAD!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have had some PM's with the OP and it is a LSP trade in gun. He has since replaced the recoil spring and is ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: (A rant) I am SO MAD!!

VIP Member
    I have had some PM's with the OP and it is a LSP trade in gun. He has since replaced the recoil spring and is attempting to get different mags. He has also stated he will try different ammo to see what combo works the best.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    I've recently spoken with several employees who work at Sig BTW I once worked there making the frames and slide for the guns. They hav edisclosed, there was a definate issue with some mags not being able to load 8 rounds without having a feedproblem. I once thought the OP's problem stemmed from the slide catch, and i now trust the opinions of my former co workers at Sig. (it seems the followers had discrepencies in the O/A length of the legs of the follower, meaning you couldn't load 8 rounds into the mag.
    Sig never required that you to sign a non-disclosure agreement when you went to go work for them? These are rather standard in a great many industries.

I could never make any statements of this nature regarding any of my past employers without risking a lawsuit. Well, except perhaps for one. I signed a NDA with them too, but they eventually went out of business, their quality control was so poor. Since they are no longer in business, I could probably share insider info about them at this time, without any risk of retaliation.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You bought a used gun,maybe somebody fiddled with it and screwed it up,so then they sell it or trade it to get rid of their problem
    +1 I reckon that happens more often than not.

Broken, your profile page indicates that the SIG P220 is your primary carry gun:

Primary carry gun
    Sig p220
    With the issues the gun is having, you're not carrying this one daily, are you? Just wondering.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Administrator
    Possibly since the SIG magazines are not actually manufactured by SIG there is no disclosure conflict.
    Factory SIG magazines are made for SIG by MecGar.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Sig never required that you to sign a non-disclosure agreement when you went to go work for them? These are rather standard in a great many industries.

I could never make any statements of this nature regarding any of my past employers without risking a lawsuit. Well, except perhaps for one. I signed a NDA with them too, but they eventually went out of business, their quality control was so poor. Since they are no longer in business, I could probably share insider info about them at this time, without any risk of retaliation.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    CLASS goes out of his way to say any and everything bad about Sig that he can.

Sig recently lost a contract with the ATF to Glock and S&W because of reliability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    I tend to read the Sig forum as much as I read this one and everything CLASS has said is what I've read over there with regard to Sigs quality going down (for US manufactured items). This is a pistol that has been around for roughly ten years. I didn't hear of ANY problem with them until Exeter started making them. I have a German SP2022 which has been flawless and is one of my favorite guns.

I'd love to add a 226 and/or 229 to my collection, but too much of a gamble with quality and I'd rather not have to deal with the headache of dealing with their customer service, although I have read that their customer service has improved.

If you wanna sell it I'm sure someone would be willing to buy it and get it running. I know I would.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remington79 View Post
    Sig recently lost a contract with the ATF to Glock and S&W because of reliability issues.
    Yeah,
    They think they got a really good deal too.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cz75luver View Post
    I tend to read the Sig forum as much as I read this one and everything CLASS has said is what I've read over there with regard to Sigs quality going down (for US manufactured items). This is a pistol that has been around for roughly ten years. I didn't hear of ANY problem with them until Exeter started making them. I have a German SP2022 which has been flawless and is one of my favorite guns.

I'd love to add a 226 and/or 229 to my collection, but too much of a gamble with quality and I'd rather not have to deal with the headache of dealing with their customer service, although I have read that their customer service has improved.
    I also tend to spend too much time on Sig forum. You are tending to paint the "problems" with too broad of a brush. I own a P229,P239, and a P226 all made recently (last 6 years).Never have I had so much as a hiccup out of any of them. So should I get on here and claim every one that has been made in that time period is perfect?

Many if not most people get on gun boards to either cry about a problem or sing praises. Some where in between lies the truth. So when some one at every chance they have either whines about or cheers about a particular gun, bullet, holster, knife,etc. I tend to take what they say with a large grain of salt.
    Last edited by SIXTO; October 20th, 2010 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Yes, but this is a used pistol. I KNOW the Sig 220 is proven and reliable, even used ones, provided they are properly maintained. We don't even know from the OP if his has a factory mag in it.
    New Sig 220 magazines are manufactured in Italy for Sig by Mec-Gar and always have been since the 220 began being built in the US. There may very well be issues with new 220 mags. You may know, Sig is not using Mec-Gar for the 238.
    Sig kept with eh Mec-Gar mags for a while.....Sig is now using ACT mags because they seem to work better and they're cheaper. I got this info from my Inspector friend who still works at Sig......
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post

I understand what you're saying lance, but i also sell guns at a retail level, and with the customers I serve on a daily basis, I am compelled (more by my own experience) to disclose the good, bad, and ugly about the product they're about to stake their Life on. Now, with that in mind, would you feel better served if I had sold you something that has issues inherent with the guns? or would you rather me tell you what I know, in order for you to make a informed decision by somebody who has been in the business for almost 30 yrs? I too have to live with the fact i may have sold you a lemon, that may go bang, or may NOT go bang when your Life depends upon it. Certailny the ultimate choice is up to ourselves and nobody else. Personally, I;ll buy German Made Sigs that were iported thru Interarms, Tysons Corner, or Herndon Va. They cost more to make than the US made ones and had better QC and workmanship...but that's my own personal opinion and experience talking here

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Bubba.I'm just telling it like it is. You can decide to buy what you want, it's your choice. I'm just adding my knowledge/ experiance here. If you have a poersonal issue with my posts, then so be it. I really don't care what you think. Why don't you buy Broken's gun, for let's say ummmmmm 575.00 and then go fix it. or send it back to Sig, like JD did with his P238 (which was sent back at least 3 timse befor Sig replaced the gun) First and formost, the gun, which is no cheap price, should have worked first time EVERY TIME. Same with the OP's P220 which was most likely suffreing from a Magazine problem. (we ALL have had problem mags in our guns at one time or another) Mec-Gar mags were pretty reliable, (beretta used them) and they (Sig) changed contracts to ACT (similar to Triple K) and we all know those mags are pretty crappy in the past.
    Sig produces hundreds of thousands of gun, but one thing remains, lemons are out there, no matter what, BUT when there are more and more lemons surfacing, then to quote a line from the movie Apollo 13 "Houston, we have a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    If you wanna sell it I'm sure someone would be willing to buy it and get it running. I know I would.
    Well, Broken. There you go. Sounds like a potential offer to purchase.

Broken ... you still out there?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links