(A rant) I am SO MAD!!

This is a discussion on (A rant) I am SO MAD!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIGP250 Yes, but this is a used pistol. I KNOW the Sig 220 is proven and reliable, even used ones, provided they ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: (A rant) I am SO MAD!!

VIP Member
    Originally Posted by SIGP250
    Yes, but this is a used pistol. I KNOW the Sig 220 is proven and reliable, even used ones, provided they are properly maintained. We don't even know from the OP if his has a factory mag in it.
    New Sig 220 magazines are manufactured in Italy for Sig by Mec-Gar and always have been since the 220 began being built in the US. There may very well be issues with new 220 mags. You may know, Sig is not using Mec-Gar for the 238.
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    Sig kept with eh Mec-Gar mags for a while.....Sig is now using ACT mags because they seem to work better and they're cheaper. I got this info from my Inspector friend who still works at Sig......
    You are wrong. about that. Are you only speaking to other anti- Sig factory floor people? Mec-Gar still makes all of the magazines for Sig Sauer in the US. The German made 1975 era Sig pistols are still made in Germany by Sauer & Co.
    BTY, the Sig P238 magazines are also made by Mec-Gar.

ACT in Italy currently only makes a fairly good replacment magazine for the US made Sig P220.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    I have had some PM's with the OP and it is a LSP trade in gun. He has since replaced the recoil spring and is attempting to get different mags. He has also stated he will try different ammo to see what combo works the best.
    The recommended factory service for any Sig is 5,000 rounds or one year, whichever comes first. If you change the oil in you car every 3,000 miles this probable makes more sense than if you do not.

The Sig Service Plan is a pretty good deal. $140.00. Included is installation of new SIGLITE® Night Sights, a $120.00 value.

Also includeed is:

• Full disassembly of pistols down to frame and slide

• Complete detailed cleaning

• Expert factory inspection of all critical components

• Replacement of springs (recoil, slide catch lever, trigger bar, decocking lever)

• Reassembly and lubrication to factory specifications

• Installation of SIGLITE® Factory Night Sights (excluding P232®)

• Function test
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    You are wrong. about that. Are you only speaking to other anti- Sig factory floor people? Mec-Gar still makes all of the magazines for Sig Sauer in the US. The German made 1975 era Sig pistols are still made in Germany by Sauer & Co.
    BTY, the Sig P238 magazines are also made by Mec-Gar.

ACT in Italy currently only makes a fairly good replacment magazine for the US made Sig P220.
    Sig? I am only getting information from people who still work there.. YES, mec-gar still suppies mags, AND ACT has their mitts in the mix too. I know you're a Sig dealer and I respect you for all you do, and say. The info I got was about 3 weeks ago.
    BTW, as a dealer, what would you do, if you sold a new or used Sig handgun (or ANY gun you have in inventory) to your Customer, and it wa defective? OR found that the previous owner had fiddled with it before you placed it on your sales floor? Would you : take it back, and give the customer a replacement gun? or warrantee it yourself? even if it were used? How many times must the same gun go back to the factory (or your gunsmith) before it's deemed a lemon?
    With all I've said above.. I'm NOT being rude , flaming, or disrespectful in ANY way, as this is a place where we discuss issues with the firearms industry, and all that is connected with it.
    BTW I'm NOT a "Anti Sig" floor person.. I have about 10 Sig P series pistols (all with German proof marks, and NONE that were trade-in guns, and then processed at Exeter..
    I have a VERY good friend, (in business about 35 yrs now) who is a prior Sig Dealer. Due to the problems and other issues with Sig, he'll NOT buy or sell Sig guns, (he has a store in NH.) He'll deal with the OLDER Browning/Sig P220 guns, and the OLDER 226, 225, 228 guns, (Interarms/tysons/herndon guns) but that's about it. not the newer ones made in Exeter Heck, if anybody is wanting to buy Sigs, the store where I works has about 60 USED ones in stock (LOTS of people trading and selling em for other guns) I must mention I DO SELL the Sig guns to the people who want em, so with that said I'm NOT "anti-Sig" as those who may suspect that I might be.
    To tell you the truth, I have a GREAT DEAL OF RESPECT for the people who work there every day, and have to put up with the antics of "let's get the numbers out" game I agree with attempting to cut costs down, but when the cost goes down, and the retail price stays high (or even higher) then I have a problem with it, especially when Peoples' Lives depend on it.
    Guess I've said it all.
    I'll step down off the soap box now.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Class, if you could please send me a list and contact information for your friend's shop where you are employed. I am interested in seeing the "60" used sigs to perhaps purchase one or more. My logic is that there might be a deal or two to be had as his and your opinion of Sig is so low. If you can't supply any information I will understand why. Thank you.

Bubba
    PM sent. check your mail There's at least 32 Sig handguns listed on the website more that may be not listed and awaiting posting

VIP Member
    Bubba
    PM sent. check your mail There's at least 32 Sig handguns listed on the website more that may be not listed and awaiting posting
    LOL!!!! This was great! It was like playing a game of poker and he called your bluff, but you ended up with the ace.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Sig? I am only getting information from people who still work there.. YES, mec-gar still supplies mags, AND ACT has their mitts in the mix too. I know you're a Sig dealer and I respect you for all you do, and say. The info I got was about 3 weeks ago.
    BTW, as a dealer, what would you do, if you sold a new or used Sig handgun (or ANY gun you have in inventory) to your Customer, and it wa defective? OR found that the previous owner had fiddled with it before you placed it on your sales floor? Would you : take it back, and give the customer a replacement gun? or warrantee it yourself? even if it were used? How many times must the same gun go back to the factory (or your gunsmith) before it's deemed a lemon?
    Since SigArms went dealer direct there is closer interaction between dealer and manufacture. I have only one sales rep. The are only two CS guys that I speak to, Mark and Ryan. Similar to Kimber, I don't have to buy 10 of one model at a time, I can mix and match. I have relayed my sentiments to Sig about the 238. Sig still sells to 3 different distributors. One is who I do a good amount of business with. I did not buy any 238's from Sig on my last order because there is no shortage. I can get them if I need them. Sentiment since the 2009 238 recall has been better than 80% positive. Some customers like to complain. They like to shoot hot loads. That is fine for SD and occasional practice but they should know that the slide gets slammed and the barrel takes more wear. This means that the pistol is going to need to be serviced more often. Specifically, I will send a pistol to the factory for the customer if needed. I don't take a lot of trades. That may be where the money is but it is not in my business model. I do a good amount of business on-line. I won't trade/sell used without looking at it first. Any used Sig will get a factory once over before it is sold.

With all I've said above.. I'm NOT being rude , flaming, or disrespectful in ANY way, as this is a place where we discuss issues with the firearms industry, and all that is connected with it.
    BTW I'm NOT a "Anti Sig" floor person.. I have about 10 Sig P series pistols (all with German proof marks, and NONE that were trade-in guns, and then processed at Exeter..
    I have a VERY good friend, (in business about 35 yrs now) who is a prior Sig Dealer. Due to the problems and other issues with Sig, he'll NOT buy or sell Sig guns, (he has a store in NH.) He'll deal with the OLDER Browning/Sig P220 guns, and the OLDER 226, 225, 228 guns, (Interarms/tysons/herndon guns) but that's about it. not the newer ones made in Exeter Heck, if anybody is wanting to buy Sigs, the store where I works has about 60 USED ones in stock (LOTS of people trading and selling em for other guns) I must mention I DO SELL the Sig guns to the people who want em, so with that said I'm NOT "anti-Sig" as those who may suspect that I might be.
    There is only one Sig that I don't recommend. That is the Mosquito. I will instead have them look at the Walther SP22 when possible.

I also Sell Glock. It is not my personal favorite but I'm not buying the gun and I don't bash the product. I don't sell Hi Point but do sell Taurus and about every other brand.

To tell you the truth, I have a GREAT DEAL OF RESPECT for the people who work there every day, and have to put up with the antics of "let's get the numbers out" game I agree with attempting to cut costs down, but when the cost goes down, and the retail price stays high (or even higher) then I have a problem with it, especially when Peoples' Lives depend on it.
    Guess I've said it all.
    I'll step down off the soap box now.
    We are still in the midst of a very rough economy. The competition in almost all businesses is fierce. People spend on essentials. Some are buying luxury items but not as much. Sales and coupons are big. This is hunting season. Lots of buyers now but fewer for high end Leupold, Sightron and EoTech. It is more Bushnell, and Nicon. Less trade-ins. More accessories.
    - Zen Saying

Sig? I can relate to everything you've stated above.. When I sell a gun at the store, I let the customer know about the Skeeter's history, and yes, I point the customer to the Walther P22 in the 5 inch BBL. Walthers are fussy but the skeeter is not the best choice.
    I sell th eGlocks, asmost people want em because of popularity. I also point out the H&K, and Ruger guns, more the rugers due to the price point and reputation for strength and durability. The H&Ks are sold to the higher end buyers. Yes, I'll sell the Sig P series guns, but with letting the Customer know the guns are high priced and the CS isn't really good. However, if I have a German Sig on the shelf.I'll push those ones first, stating the german QC behind the gun. I'll take the USA guns and German guns apart (slides) and show th ecustomer the difference between the 2 guns. noting triggers hammers slide catches etc. I offer Taurus guns, an alternative to the S&W guns. I also sell th eS&W guns because of their history and reputation.
    Lots of good stuff out there, and lotsa junk too. The store has a 30 day warranty on it's used gun sales which is really good. something you don't see often today.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    Okay,
    anytime we decide to start a thread about taurus's having all these problems (and i jumped in too), im going to bring up how my sig p220 is the BIGGEST PIECE OF CRAP.
    GRRR. Its not CPO or new so I have no warranty. Sig offered me options, all of which cost about 100 bucks or more and I have to lose my gun for 4 weeks.
    IM SO MAD. I took it into were I bought it and had the gunsmith look at it, told me to send it to Sig. Called sig and guy at sig CS said what I said ^^^ up there.
    Why did I ever sell my beretta? I never had problems with anything like i have with this expensive and highly reputable turd.
    This is it. I got a lemon. Im so mad.
    Seriously thinking about taking this gun that has problems and selling it and buying my Beretta 96 back from my step dad for $300 (3/mags 3 holsters, nightsites, ammo)

Sorry to read of your problems OP.

But you bought a used pistol with zero warranty to save a few bucks and really believed everything would be hunky dory?

With all respect, you get what you pay for.

Hope things work out for you.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    LOL!!!! This was great! It was like playing a game of poker and he called your bluff, but you ended up with the ace.
    If you were privy to the PM's between myself and Class you might understand that there's no poker game going on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links