(A rant) I am SO MAD!!

(A rant) I am SO MAD!!

This is a discussion on (A rant) I am SO MAD!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, anytime we decide to start a thread about taurus's having all these problems (and i jumped in too), im going to bring up how ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: (A rant) I am SO MAD!!

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...

(A rant) I am SO MAD!!

Okay,
    anytime we decide to start a thread about taurus's having all these problems (and i jumped in too), im going to bring up how my sig p220 is the BIGGEST PIECE OF CRAP.
    GRRR. Its not CPO or new so I have no warranty. Sig offered me options, all of which cost about 100 bucks or more and I have to lose my gun for 4 weeks.
    IM SO MAD. I took it into were I bought it and had the gunsmith look at it, told me to send it to Sig. Called sig and guy at sig CS said what I said ^^^ up there.
    Why did I ever sell my beretta? I never had problems with anything like i have with this expensive and highly reputable turd.
    This is it. I got a lemon. Im so mad.
    Seriously thinking about taking this gun that has problems and selling it and buying my Beretta 96 back from my step dad for $300 (3/mags 3 holsters, nightsites, ammo)
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    Can anyone talk me out of it?
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

What kind of problems are you having, and what were the solutions offered by Sig?

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    One man's piece of crap is another man's treasure. It depends on how you define crap.

My recommendation is have Sig repair it and then sell it. You'll never be satified with it now, and I doubt anyone will offer much for it "as is." Yeah, it will cost you some time and money, but chalk it up as a bad experience, a lesson learned, and move on. Bitterness will eat you up.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    You gotta trust your gun. I concur with OldVet; fix it/sell it. I'm not a Sig fan, but I wouldn't go hating them over a bad apple either.

I guess I always expect trouble with a new purchase, and am often pleasantly surprised when I can just put it into rotation. I'll be putting a new off-brand 1911 through it's paces next week. If it's a poo-gun, I'll use it as an opportunity to hone my gunsmithing skills (lack thereof).

Echoing paul34's comment, what exactly is the problem with the 220? I can't remember anyone ever calling a full-sized Sig "the biggest piece of crap" before, so I'm really curious what the problem is. There is a host of Sig owners here, lots of 220 owners, and I would venture that the collective experience with them is on the highly positive side. However, no matter what the product or brand there are always lemons out there.

Give us a detailed description of what the gun's problem is, and how you've tried to remedy it so far... there might be some helpful advice available from the members here.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    You gotta trust your gun. I concur with OldVet; fix it/sell it.
    Agree 100 percent. If you don't trust it it's not worth anything.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    Can anyone talk me out of it?
    Why do you want that if you are not happy with the SIG? Your money, your decision. Perhaps you could tell what the problem is.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

If you're not happy with it, it is a piece of crap, and you can't trust it, then you wouldn't miss it for 4 weeks either. When you get it back, you just might think differently about it. If not, then sell it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

What's the problem? This might very well be something you can fix yourself. If not, I wouldn't consider putting $100 into something that costs $800 to be a huge issue.
    Kimber Pro TLE II (EDC)
    Bersa Thunder .380 (EDC)
    Sig Sauer P226
    Bushmaster XM15-E2S
    Winchester Model 70 .270

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    you bought a used gun with no warranty and maybe dont know the history...buyer beware...you can stew over it or try to correct the problem...correction is a positive move...stewing is childish...make a decision...and it wouldnt be a bad idea to let us know what the actual problem is....

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    If you're not happy with it, it is a piece of crap, and you can't trust it, then you wouldn't miss it for 4 weeks either. When you get it back, you just might think differently about it. If not, then sell it.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    Its not CPO or new so I have no warranty.
    Three questions:

1. What makes it a "turd" and a "lemon"? What's happening with it? Are you sure it's the gun's design or initial failure to have operated at all that's the problem, or has the problem been induced somewhere down the line after having been abused in some way? (Meaning, do you know the history of the gun, specifically.)

2. SIG doesn't stand behind the product, disclaiming all warranties after the second sale?

3. The only solution you'd be happy with is full replacement, something that wouldn't leave you "without a gun" for four weeks (despite the gun not working anyway)?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

For three hundred dollars I'd pick up a used revolver and send the Pistol to Sig for repairs... Then you'd have a solid BUG to your Sig in the end.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your Sig. Truth is, most all manufactures put out a few bad ones here and there... Good luck with it; I've never really had any problems with my guns so I can't speak for anyones customer service, pros or cons.

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I agree. Get yourself a revolver and let SIG do what they have to do.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links