M&P45c Range report

M&P45c Range report

This is a discussion on M&P45c Range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 400 down range and she's now on my hip! 100 Rounds of dads reloads 1 FTF (Bad primer wouldn't fire in his 1911 either) 150 ...

Thread: M&P45c Range report

M&P45c Range report

400 down range and she's now on my hip!

100 Rounds of dads reloads 1 FTF (Bad primer wouldn't fire in his 1911 either)
    150 Rounds WWB - No issues
    100 Rounds UBER cheap Tula Russian stuff - No issues
    50 Rounds 185g Speer Gold Dots - No issues

Observations in no particular order

This is the most "shootable" gun I have ever fired. Its just extremely natural to point and aim. I almost don't need sights on it. At 10 yards I could semi rapid fire 3 rounds at a 50 foot slow fire pistol target keeping all three shots inside the 7 ring. at 20 yards I could three shot at a silhouette target keeping everything center mass. I don't know what it is about it but the rounds just go where I want them to. Hands down the most natural point shooting gun I have ever had the pleasure of shooting.

I was amazed at how soft it shoots. It does NOT feel like shooting a 45. at all. Follow up shots were fast and the gun came back to target naturally. I would have no problem handing this to a rookie shooter.

The trigger while still not as good as I think it should be has smoothed out quite a bit. It's good enough that I don't see the reason to drop the cash on apex replacement parts.

All in all I think this is going to be a great carry piece. Everyone that shot it loved it. I only have one real complaint (Other then the out of the box trigger that has smoothed out a bit). Maybe I have just gotten spoiled but I don't like the take down method. Having to yank that rod thing out of the handle to push that little lever thingy down annoys me. Sorry that I don't know the technical terms but let's just say that it's annoying. There's a extra 2 steps to the process when compared to a glock. Other then that...I LOVE THIS GUN!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I'm starting to eye up another gun. Its been a few weeks since my last purchase. An m&p is on my list. 9mm or .45, not sure which quite yet.

Glad you enjoy it. I tried one at the range and thought the trigger was great. A lot better than glock at least. I'm sure with time it would only get better.

Thanks for the range report, sounds like a great carry piece if I had to carry polymer it'd be one of these.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    You don't need to pull the rod out of the grip... a pencil or whatever works fine for takedown. This frustrated me for a long time with my M&Ps before I realized there was no point in injuring my fingers trying to yank that thing out.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Glad you enjoyed it. The trigger will probably come around to your liking. I wonder how many owners have taken a new gun and had trigger work/replacement before giving the gun a chance.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I have the 9c and I love it! After about 1200 rounds the trigger has completely smoothed out. I dont carry it, because I have know of two people that have M&Ps and their hinge pin in the trigger saftey assembly have come out on the range. I saw it happen to 1 of them. I have not been able to get past it. I truely love shooting this gun. The ergonomics are perfect IMO! I carry my S&W 5906 9mm every day at work
    S&W M&P 9C
    RUGER LCP
    S&W 5906
    COLT DET. SPEC.
    S&W 686-6"
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck", Author un-known

Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    You don't need to pull the rod out of the grip... a pencil or whatever works fine for takedown. This frustrated me for a long time with my M&Ps before I realized there was no point in injuring my fingers trying to yank that thing out.
    I guess it's more having to have a secondary tool/device/item for take down that gets on my nerves.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I only have one real complaint (Other then the out of the box trigger that has smoothed out a bit). Maybe I have just gotten spoiled but I don't like the take down method. Having to yank that rod thing out of the handle to push that little lever thingy down annoys me. Sorry that I don't know the technical terms but let's just say that it's annoying. There's a extra 2 steps to the process when compared to a glock. Other then that...I LOVE THIS GUN!
    I don't really find that to be annoying; I just think it's unique. Someone told me that you can disassemble without flipping it, but it requires an extra step of some kind. I wish I knew the details.

But congrats. The 45C rocks! I shot mine over the weekend, too.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I don't really find that to be annoying; I just think it's unique. Someone told me that you can disassemble without flipping it, but it requires an extra step of some kind. I wish I knew the details.

But congrats. The 45C rocks! I shot mine over the weekend, too.

I saw a youtube video where a guy does it by

Locking slide to year
    Flipping take down latch down
    moving slide forward
    Pulling trigger

I'm hesitant to do this though as it's not the "official" way to take the gun down.

Locking slide to year
    moving slide forward
    Pulling trigger

I'm hesitant to do this though as it's not the "official" way to take the gun down.
    Yeah, that's what it was. The XD's require the trigger to be pulled, so that part is no big deal to me.

But I'm with you; I prefer to employ the method that's recommended by the manufacturer.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I was amazed at how soft it shoots. It does NOT feel like shooting a 45. at all. Follow up shots were fast and the gun came back to target naturally. I would have no problem handing this to a rookie shooter.

!
    That is what i love to hear...

VIP Member

Locking slide to year
    moving slide forward
    Pulling trigger

I have done this several times and there has never been an issue, but either way it's still pretty easy. By the way welcome to the M&P club! They feel a bit like a 1911, with Glock dependability. You can't beat them!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

The little lever didn't work for me. Dunno what I did wrong, but I find it easier to clear the weapon and pull the trigger.

I've noticed my full size M&P 40 isn't a fan of reloads. A friend gave some to me, 3 of 3 jammed before I said screw it and didn't use em. Some others with some ballooning at the back of the casing, presumably from glocks, also jammed.

The golden sabres I feed it have been 100%. Can't fault the gun on the re-loads, so I"m happy with my .40. Glad to see you like your compact.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    By the way welcome to the M&P club! They feel a bit like a 1911, with Glock dependability. You can't beat them!
    It's like a 1911 and a G19 made hot gun love and the M&P 45c is the offspring :)

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Welcome to the Force... I have done the trigger pull on my M&P40 to take down 3 times.... but think of it this way when you use the rod YOU HAVE TO LOOK IN THE CHAMBER... it is a safety thing I read about when S&W was developing these guns. It make it a accidental discharge near impossible. I have 2000+ rounds through my M&P40 and everyone that shoots it can manage the "snappy forty" caliber that most complain about.

Like you said new shooters have NO problem with this gun, on target time is awesome, and natural point of aim doesn't justify how good the ergonomics are on this gun, but no sights is the best summary of how the ergo's work.

Congratz on your buy... Hope it serves you well.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Sponsored Links