Range Report on DW C-BOB

Range Report on DW C-BOB

This is a discussion on Range Report on DW C-BOB within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I got up this morning and cleaned the new Dan Wesson Classic Commander Bobtail I bought at the gun show yesterday. Took it to ...

Thread: Range Report on DW C-BOB

VIP Member

Thumbs up Range Report on DW C-BOB

Well I got up this morning and cleaned the new Dan Wesson Classic Commander Bobtail I bought at the gun show yesterday.

Took it to the range to put it through the paces. All range ammo used was 230 gr. FMJ. Started off with a 50 round box of Tula ammo, starting at about 7 yards. First shot was dead center in the bulls eye. Second, third and fourth shot cut the bulls eye. Gun is extremely accurate, and seems to naturally fall back on target. By the time I was done with the first box of ammo, the center was gone from the target.

Next I pulled out a box of Federal Champion ammo. Moved the target out to 15 yards. Placed a new sticker on the target and began shooting again. Same basic results. Sights dropped back on target naturally, and accuracy was superb. By the time I was half done with the box of ammo, the 2" sticker was gone.

Same results with the third box of Ammo, also Tula.

So I've now put 150 rounds of FMJ through the gun. No FTF or FTE.. Time to switch over to JHP. With my Loaded Champion this is where the problems started. Not so with the C-Bob.

Started with WWB 230 gr. JHP. Started at 15 yards. Gun functioned flawlessly with JHP's. Couldn't tell a difference in POI between FMJ and JHP ammo. Moved the target in to about 7 yards and finished off the box of WWB. Pulled out the box of Federal HST +P I had with me. Started shooting double taps. While the group expanded because of the double taps, you could cover them with a pie plate. Ended up shooting a total of 100 JHP without a hiccup from the gun. Target shown is the 50 rounds of Federal HST.

021.jpg

Came home and cleaned it. Loaded it with Federal HST and she's now resting on my hip. This gun is scary accurate. Naturally comes to rest for a follow up shot, and is extremely reliable. Would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a 1911 bobtail for carry.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Nice review, shooting and pistol.

Nice. I'd love to add a VBOB to the collection.

Links