800 rounds through my G19!

This is a discussion on 800 rounds through my G19! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have hit the 800 round point and my 19 still has been flawless! I have shot federal premium 9mm, the orange boxed 9mm from ...

Thread: 800 rounds through my G19!

I have hit the 800 round point and my 19 still has been flawless! I have shot federal premium 9mm, the orange boxed 9mm from Walmart(can't remember the brand) winchester 9mm and winchester 124 grain +p hollow points. It has eaten everything flawlessly and accurately!
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    you havent even broken it in...i have shot several thousand without cleaning my g19....keep on plugging away...and enjoy...

good point I gotta catch up to you!

This is only the beginning. She will work for several tens of thousands of rounds. Altough, you may have to give her a bath at some point.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

When the slide lock spring on my Glock 19 finally broke it was at the 6K to 8K mark...I thought it was my pushing up the slide lock during a class, and I kept shooting it and doing failure drills to keep up with the class.

I mean...it had to be my fault, didn't it?

Only after the class was over when the gun was shot by the instructor with the same problems did someone tell me "humm...you need a new part..."

5 minutes later problem solved.

Glocks. Even when broken & dirty they are more reliable than other things in good order.

Tough to beat a Glock...in just about any fashion!

This IS just in your first range trip right?

Before lunch?

Can't go wrong with the Glock, they rock!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I have literally lost count of how many rounds have gone through my Glock 19, it is just not an issue with me like some of my other handguns. Enjoy your 19 and Glock On!
    God bless our troops!

Well my GLOCK 19 has close to 2k through it without a single hiccup. I use only factory FMJ ammunition and very few cleanings. All the GLOCK reliability hype is true.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Not this past weekend but the weekend before it I put about 900 rounds downrange ... in one range visit. My Glock 19, when I sold it, had around 20K rounds through it - the only reason the round count was so low was because my Glock 23 was hogging all the range time. My 23 (on my hip as I type this) has well over 50K rounds through it ... I had another 23 for a period of time that I put 15K rounds through as well.

Definitely get out there and shoot.
    Billy
    Fusion Tact-5 in a Pure Kustom Black-Ops Pro
    Glock 23 in a Barber Leatherworks IWB

Well, anything less than 1K through your Glock without a hitch isn't exactly a landmark although we realize you are proud of it and it always co-operates for you. That's good!
    Yeah...the "orange box stuff" from WM. Seen it, haven't tried any of it and I forget the manufacture name myself. Actually, per 50 round box, buying two boxes is less expensive than buying the WWB bulk 100ct in these parts right now.
    Keep going with your Glock, and call us with your first real issue.
    With all of my Glocks and range time and match time, I just haven't kept up with exactly how many rounds have gone downrange out of what. I'm impressed more with the dependability I find with all of them over the years and what I put them through. Glock on!

I agree 800 isn't much but I am not going to be able to shoot it for awhile because I am leaving Monday for basic training. I am going to try to get to the range this weekend but is not looking promising yet!

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    I agree 800 isn't much but I am not going to be able to shoot it for awhile because I am leaving Monday for basic training. I am going to try to get to the range this weekend but is not looking promising yet!
    Don't worry about your Glock in this case. Put it away for safe keeping. Shoot your other gun while you have the chance ;). Enjoy your weekend!
    Kudos to you joining the service. I can't speak for us all, but you have my best going forward in anything you do no matter where you go. Keep in touch whenever you can. Do your best, and know we are with you (you got into this family of your own free choice). Use all the free ammo you can, and learn everything you need. You have more folks behind you than you know. This gives you a power and a force you may need to summon in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Don't worry about your Glock in this case. Put it away for safe keeping. Shoot your other gun while you have the chance ;). Enjoy your weekend!
    Kudos to you joining the service. I can't speak for us all, but you have my best going forward in anything you do no matter where you go. Keep in touch whenever you can. Do your best, and know we are with you (you got into this family of your own free choice). Use all the free ammo you can, and learn everything you need. You have more folks behind you than you know. This gives you a power and a force you may need to summon in the future.
    Thank you very much Ram Rod, I am excited to start my training and am proud to say that I am serving this great country. I will definitely take advantage of using the free ammo and get some practice in with some bigger guns!

Sponsored Links