Range report new XD-M and MicroCompact

Range report new XD-M and MicroCompact

This is a discussion on Range report new XD-M and MicroCompact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A friend just picked up a new XD-M in 45 and a new Springer MicroCompact. I took the PM9 and LCP for more rounds through ...

Thread: Range report new XD-M and MicroCompact

Thumbs up Range report new XD-M and MicroCompact

A friend just picked up a new XD-M in 45 and a new Springer MicroCompact. I took the PM9 and LCP for more rounds through them and my husband took his Sig 238. The XD-M was very impressive with no issues whatsoever out of the box using several types of range ammo (Winchester WB, Federal and Independence). All were FMJ. It was extremely accurate and very comfortable to shoot. He had the medium backstrap installed for himself but if I'd owned it, the small would have been better suited to smaller hands. His new Micro was also flawless and accurate but not quite as accurate (for him) as the XD-M. He was a very happy camper with two new guns that function great!. The PM9 and LCP also were good boys and shot well with range ammo as they have in the past. The husband's Sig had some hiccups and he discovered a flaw for him with it. When he holds the gun to fire, his thumb hits the mag release button and causes issues. My hands are smaller and don't do this (no leverage) and our friend's doesn't do it either as his hands are much larger and don't hit the release button. Its almost a case of the three bears..too large, too small and just right.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Good report! Question: Which of your husband's thumbs hits the mag catch? If the shooter is right-handed, and the right thumb is hitting the mag catch, then he's not holding the pistol properly. If the thumb is atop the safety where it belongs during firing, it is not going to be near the mag catch unless it is not only long, but has a whole extra distal joint. If he's right-handed and the left thumb is hitting the mag catch, then again, he's not holding the pistol properly, as the left thumb should be pointed forward, alongside the slide. If he's left-handed, I can't figure out how any of this would happen at all...

Links