PPK/S for Carry

PPK/S for Carry

This is a discussion on PPK/S for Carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who all carries a PPK or PPK/S?...

Thread: PPK/S for Carry

PPK/S for Carry

Who all carries a PPK or PPK/S?

I have a P64 chambered in 9mm Makarov that is in my rotation....and my avatar! Usually carry in a Bianchi 100 IWB holster. About the same size as the PPK, Polish surplus, and one of the easiest to conceal pistols I have. Flat, short, and 1/2 the thickness of my G26. Plus, ammo is easy to find and cheaper than 9mm! The PPK would be dimensionally identical, and is an excellent choice for CCW.

I had a S&W made Walther PPK/s and had nothing but trouble with it. Hopefully yours will perform much better for you than mine did for me!

However, I found the smaller .380s such as the Kel Tec P3AT and the Ruger LCP to be both lighter and smaller and therefore much easier to conceal.

I also discovered after some experimentation, that a small pistol chambered in the more effective 9mm cartridge such as the Kel Tec PF9 or Kahr CW9 or even smaller PM9, can be concealed in the same space as the similiar sized Walther pistol.

If I had my druthers I would go with either a more powerful pistol chambered in 9mm or .40, or go to one of the micro .380s that can conceal much more readily and are just as effective at close range. JMHO.
    God bless our troops!

I'll carry my Interarms PPK once in a blue moon. It's a reliable gun, and its a beauty, but I feel under-gunned with .380. I DO NOT WANT TO START A CALIBER WAR!!!!!! I just personally like having a 9mm or better on me. I think the PPK is a good defensive weapon, but I just cant justify taking it over my PM9. There are guns that are the same size, just as concealable, and more powerful. There's nothing wrong with the PPK, as long as its reliable (I know there are more than enough jam-o-matics out there). I just dont see the point since you can get a reliable 9mm in the same size package.

PPK and Kahr MK9

I have carried my PPK several times and it is a reliable gun with very thin contours for easy concealment. But I prefer the Kahr MK9 in 9mm, also a steel gun that is not really much larger than the PPK. Both hold 6+1 rounds. Typical .380 ammo has about 200 ft-lbs of energy, while 9mm in the short barrel can go about 350 ft-lbs.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member
    I have a very reliable S&W PPK/S, that I don't carry anymore, there are so many other great carry guns out there. The PPK is thin, accurate, heavy and a .380; it sure looks good with wooden grips.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Sponsored Links