Ruger LCR in ,357 Magnum... My First Impressions - Page 3

Ruger LCR in ,357 Magnum... My First Impressions

This is a discussion on Ruger LCR in ,357 Magnum... My First Impressions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gottabkiddin Hey azchevy, send me the link or post it so I can check it out too.... I would rather PM to ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR in ,357 Magnum... My First Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Hey azchevy, send me the link or post it so I can check it out too....

I would rather PM to people, everytime I post a video on a forum I get make money on youtube spam messages to my email so I dont do it anymore.

I can understand that. Thanks for the links!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I bought my LCR .357 about a month ago and love the fit and finish. I have one issue though... I have a problem ejecting the empty shells from the cylinder after shooting. It seems that they expand and stick to the inside chambers of the cylinder. I have to hit the ejection rod pretty hard to get them out. I am using Magtech 158 gr I bought at the gun dealer. I wonder if I should use 125 or lower instead. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? Thanks

VIP Member
    Here is my take on this firearm as I just shot 50 rounds through one yesterday. They are well built and very much suited for there purpose. I was surprised how light they are and I think they would be a great CCP. My only complaint was that it was not fun to shoot at all and 50 rounds was about all I wanted to shoot through it. This is not a knock by any means as I don't think the made the LCR to be a range gun.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    I have a problem ejecting the empty shells from the cylinder after shooting. It seems that they expand and stick to the inside chambers of the cylinder. I have to hit the ejection rod pretty hard to get them out. I am using Magtech 158 gr I bought at the gun dealer. I wonder if I should use 125 or lower instead. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? Thanks
    Try a different brand of ammo and also thoroughly clean the cylinder's chambers. Let us know if this helps!
    Aim for the Thoracic Triangle Area between the armpits and the base of throat.

1. Shot Placement: Center Mass Between the Armpits & Base of Throat
    2. Heavy for Caliber Bullet Weight / Construction
    3. Choice of Caliber

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Here is my take on this firearm as I just shot 50 rounds through one yesterday. They are well built and very much suited for there purpose. I was surprised how light they are and I think they would be a great CCP. My only complaint was that it was not fun to shoot at all and 50 rounds was about all I wanted to shoot through it. This is not a knock by any means as I don't think the made the LCR to be a range gun.

For range work get a shooting glove. P.A.S.T makes one for $10-$12. It has padding in the palm area where you need it. Some use gold gloves, or weightlifting gloves but the P.S.S.T's are designed for shooting.

Sounds nice, weight has never been an issue with my sp101 and a IWB holster. Not ready to give up recoil reducing weight and the ability to practice with full mag loads all day. the trigger does intrigue me though.

Quote Originally Posted by 357 Terms View Post
    Sounds nice, weight has never been an issue with my sp101 and a IWB holster. Not ready to give up recoil reducing weight and the ability to practice with full mag loads all day. the trigger does intrigue me though.
    The factory trigger is that nice and gets even better with use.

I bought my LCR .357 about a month ago and love the fit and finish. I have one issue though... I have a problem ejecting the empty shells from the cylinder after shooting. It seems that they expand and stick to the inside chambers of the cylinder. I have to hit the ejection rod pretty hard to get them out. I am using Magtech 158 gr I bought at the gun dealer. I wonder if I should use 125 or lower instead. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? Thanks
    Clean it really good. Scrub the cylinders out. My jframe and taurus like to do that too. Havent had that issue with the LCR yet.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Thanks for the excellent review. My wife has an LCR in .38Sp and likes it a lot. I shot it in a BUG match a few weeks ago and was surprised by how well I did with it. I agree with you, the trigger pull is perfect for the gun. I've not fired the .357 version ... yet, but you have convinced me I "need" to try one of those first chance I get.

Fitch

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    great Now I have to add this one to the lady friends list of possible CC weapons... Just more of an excuse to "go looking"
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    wife fondled a couple of these this weekend. Loved the feel from the moment she picked it up right out of the box. Has made up her mind on what to buy yet though.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Me want...me want bad...lol.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I just dropped the cash (Thanks to my wife and her eye-rolling willingness to allow me to purchase my own Christmas present) on a .38 LCR with the boot grip and XS front sight... as well as a bunch of Ranger Bonded to carry with it! Looking forward to getting it...
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

have you tried different ammo yet? I have not used magtech but i have not experienced this problem with any loads I have tried and I have gone through a lot including some handloads I twisted up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links