Ruger LCP for Pocket Carry at Work

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP for Pocket Carry at Work within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Both my company and the office building where I work in downtown Houston do not have any anti-gun signs or policies, so, I would be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP for Pocket Carry at Work

Ruger LCP for Pocket Carry at Work

Both my company and the office building where I work in downtown Houston do not have any anti-gun signs or policies, so, I would be fine to conceal carry at work. Since I do a LOT of walking around downtown from my park and ride location to the office, I would like to pocket carry for both the walk and while in the office. I have a Ruger LCR, but that is just too big to carry around in dress pants all day. So...... I've been thinking about getting a Ruger LCP for just pocket carry.

Can anyone share with me their experiences in pocket carry for the LCP and if they think it would make a good option?

Thank you all ahead of time!

2. Remove Ads

I carry my LCP everywhere I go. Strong side front pocket. Never a problem. Small enough to go completely unnoticed. And if it should print, there are plenty of pocket holsters out there that obscure the outline (you should always use a pocket holster in any case, as it covers the trigger, keeps the gun oriented for easy draw, and helps keep pocket lint out of the action).

RGC
    I pocket carry a LCP in a desantis super fly as a BUG almost all the time. It fits in any pocket I have, but I don't really have "dress" pants.

Quote Originally Posted by rksap View Post
    I carry my LCP everywhere I go. Strong side front pocket. Never a problem. Small enough to go completely unnoticed. And if it should print, there are plenty of pocket holsters out there that obscure the outline (you should always use a pocket holster in any case, as it covers the trigger, keeps the gun oriented for easy draw, and helps keep pocket lint out of the action).
    You can't go wrong with that information.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

I bought a belly band link and it works great with my S&W 642 or Kahr PM9, it cost less than $20, I wear it just so the but of the gun is above my pants waist line. It has a slot for a big gun(Glock 19) or a small slot for revolver or small semi-auto. You can tuck you shirt in or leave it out.

Another option is the clip draw link it works great with shirt untucked. You can see that $20 might fix your problem and carry your LCR.

Another vote for the LCP. Get a DeSantis pocket holster for it. Great set up.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I've had an LCP in my pocket for over a year now and love it. You'll learn to accomodate having a pistol in your pocket quickly because the LCP is so easy to carry.

carry mine every day and forget its there all the time, you wont go wrong with it

I wear a business suit every day at work, and pocket carry two LCPs in a #6 holster from Jim at www.hiddenholsters.net.

I had him add a thumb push-off. Works very well.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I have the Taurus clone (TCP) and it's great. Get a decent pocket holster and you're good to go all day.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Thanks for the information guys...... I think I have a stop to make on the way home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by PSLOwner View Post
    Thanks for the information guys...... I think I have a stop to make on the way home tonight.
    I truly believe you won't be disappointed with the LCP. Both my wife and I have one we carry as a back-up pistol. We both pocket carry the little Rugers and have no problems with bulk, comfort, bulges or prints. Presently we use DeSantis Nemesis pocket holsters, but I've been looking at FIST holsters because of their thumb push-off which aids in separating the gun from the holster during the draw.

I'm glad 10thmtn provided the link to Hidden Holsters. I may give one of those a try as well. Nothing wrong with more than one pocket holster for your hidden stinger!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

We sell lots of LCPs. Police love them for pocket and vest carry. Women love them because they are small and easy to carry. Businessmen like them for easy carry in dress cloths. The Owner of the store carries one because they shoot so well in our CCW Classes and he can carry anything he wants.

I just bought a LCP a week ago tomorrow...i love the ability to grab it, while in my pickup, put it in my back or front pocket, and be armed in no time at all...excellent!!!

There is no reason for anyone not to carry an LCP. They can be hidden anywhere.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links