Glock 26 and 27 Pearce magazine basepads.

This is a discussion on Glock 26 and 27 Pearce magazine basepads. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, I realize this is a subject that could go in gear or guns but since I specifically want to know about the Glock 26 ...

Thread: Glock 26 and 27 Pearce magazine basepads.

Glock 26 and 27 Pearce magazine basepads.

Hello,

I realize this is a subject that could go in gear or guns but since I specifically want to know about the Glock 26 and Glock 27 users, I put it here. Perhaps the MODS will move it, perhaps they won't.

The question deals with the Pearce aftermarket basepads. Do they work great? Are they reliable? Do people recommend them? I am mainly interested in the PG 2733 (plus one in 40 S&W) or the PG 39 (plus two in 40 S&W). I would like to get feedback before I purchase a bunch that I don't want sitting in a drawer. In theory, I am leaning towards the PG 39 due to the fact I have big hands and want as much front strap as possible.

So what is the verdict, go with neither or both are great?

Thanks for any help.

Later, Lumpy.

2. Remove Ads

I have the +2 Glock OEM mags for my G26...only thing I'll trust because of examples like this...

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-to-my-Glock

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=397818
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

Thanks for the links.

Ram Rod's comments on the second page were the kind I was expecting to see with the experience to back it.

Thanks, Later, Lumpy.

My EDC for about a decade was the Glock 27 with a Pierce extension. I ended up purchasing a Glock 19 since it really wasn't that much larger than the 27 when you factored in the Pierce grip extension. If you're looking at one of the +2 extensions, I would look at one of the compact Glocks instead. If you already own the Glock 26 or 27, I would simply buy a magazine from the larger Glock and add a magazine spacer.

My Glock 26 has the +0 extension on both 10 round mags. Never had a problem with them.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

I have the Pearce magazine extension on my Glock 27 magazine; it does not add to the capacity.
    Zero trouble with it.
    I don't like the idea of reducing spring tension for another round.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

On my G27, I have had absolutely no problem on the mags I have installed +2 extensions on. I also use a G23 mag with the spacer.
    There ya go........

Zero malfunctions in over 2 years and thousands of rounds with a Pearce +1
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Thumbs up

I have the +2 Glock OEM mags for my G26...only thing I'll trust because of examples like this...
    Ram Rod's comments on the second page were the kind I was expecting to see with the experience to back it.
    It's hard to infer any likely outcome from a few anecdotes, given thousands of units sold and in use. That goes for any product. So, you take the time to fish for a few comments either way, then you takes your chances.

In my experience on using the Pearce bases on Kahr, KelTec and NAA pistols, it has been reliable and effective. But then, I've not dropped my pistols or mishandled them. Can't say whether the factory parts or other after-market parts would perform reliably well under certain circumstances as compared with one another. My H&K P2000SK has a mag base from the factory that's similar to the typical design sold by Pearce. Given the nature of the nub/button on the floor plates of the H&K P2000SK and many other factory magazines, Pearce would need to roughly duplicate the design of how the nub goes into the hole in the base, on any gun in which the factory floor plate is retained. That doesn't allow for much variation from the factory design, in terms of the size and shape of the hole. YMMV.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I use the large extension on my 27 but it does not add any rounds and works great. I have used the + 1 and they worked fine but I didn't care for the straight cut bottom.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I didn't give enough background and I am sure that is why some of the responses were as such as get the G19/G23 mag etc...

The story is this. I won a different manufacturers pistol at a state level IDPA shoot this summer. A somewhat local dealer was willing to give me store credit for the brand new pistol from the manufactuer shipped direcly to them for a trade in. I have been toying around with my Gen 3 Glocks (about 6 different models) and my 1911s and my now new to me M&P series. I found I just lost too much focus and practice time for both carry and competiton by switching between all the different platforms and grip sizes.

I used the trade in credit to get a brand new G22 Glock Gen4 and I am just in absolute love with this pistol with the largest back strap installed.

Now the IDPA and USPSA offseason has started for me. I am in the rebuild this offseason mode. I still carry my new Gen4 Glock 22 and my Nighthawk Custom Predator III but want to go all Glock for just one year for both carry and competition. I just completely love my new Gen4 Glock 22 even with the more stout Federal 180 gr HST hollowpoints. I have tried most if not all of the GLocks and the G36 is still on my curious about list but only if it now comes with the Gen4 texture and mag release.

I called Glock and since now my new G22 Gen4 is my baby carry dependable pistol that I don't want to be without, I asked them about upcoming models coming out. THe G27 is next on the submitted list. They had no idea about the G21, G30, or G36 at this point in time. I have big hands and love the feel of the original Glock 21 and still have 1 of the 2 that I owned. I did sell my G30 and my Milt Sparks VM-II due to it was just too fat for carry compared to above Nighthawk. It was a great pistol but then weightwise, was still heavy with 10 + 1 230 gr Federal HSTs.

Since I am going to go all Glock this next year. Why? Well, this past year I decided to shoot IDPA CDP with my Glock 21, my M&P 45 with Burwell trigger job, my Les Baer Super-Tac, and my customized Wilson Combat CQB Elite with many extra add on options. THe two 1911s will be up for sale soon. The M&P and Glock 21 will never leave my possession. But due to this tinkering, I decided that I need to pick a platform and stick with it and compete and practice with it as well as CCW it. The G22 is my normal carry now. I don't want just the slightly smaller G23 Gen4 for covert carry since I have a Gen3 G23 and it is quite similar to carry either in my IWBs since I am a pro linebacker sized guy with a much smaller annual salary. Damn knees...

What I really want is a small (either G26, G27, or G36) in the Gen4 do up with my current holsters or perhaps the Fist Clip On which a few have recommended. I will take the G22 where ever I may go but for those last few hours at home while in "comfy pants" or shorts, I want something to be able to carry that isn't sooo heavy in size and mag capacity and is concealable as well. SInce I am going the G22 (and perhaps the G35 Gen4 which is out to us GSSF guys) for primary carry, plus I have over 5000 rounds of 180 gr unloaded bullets and brass and primers and this past year in CDP has pretty much wiped out my .45 ACP reload stash, the G22 and G27 and G35 are going to be my girls for the next year both for competition and carry.

I want something light enough to put in a secure holster in my shorts in summer while cutting the grass and or in my comfy pants while watching TV in the winter all while using the same ammo as my primary day carry G22. The G27 with the G22 mags as a reload are how I am going to go. I was just curious about the +0, +1, and +2 reliability. I had the +1 on my former G27 mags but just would carry the G23 so I sold it. Well, times have changed and I want to go back to the G27 Gen4 for a lightweight carry and have big hands. I need the extra size on the front strap if possible.

Thanks to all here. Here is my go ahead plan. Get one of each of the +0, +1, and +2 pads and shoot them and see how they work. Also, the +2 feels better with 10 than 11 so the +2 could work with 10+1 for IDPA or USPSA production if I really wanted to compete with my back up carry gun...

I am loving the Gen4s with the biggest backstrap in place. I just want to keep the good mojo going. For true backup carry or lightweight carry I probably am going to get a set of the +0 and for IDPA reasons a set of the +2 but only go +1, all the while experimenting with a few of the +1s.

Thanks for all of your help. I have been thinking about this much more than my initiial quesiton implied.

I love 1911s, I love the M&Ps, but I always go back to carrying my Glocks...sort of like herpes...always just there and dependable to ruin the mood!

Later, Lumpy aka Rambling Rick.

Links