thinkin bout trading - Page 2

thinkin bout trading

This is a discussion on thinkin bout trading within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by JGglock well i did it got $350 for my xd and paid 230 cash for a m&p 9. just got home with ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thinkin bout trading

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JGglock View Post
    well i did it got $350 for my xd and paid 230 cash for a m&p 9. just got home with it and am on my lunch break so after work ill be takin her out n shoot! it has the ambi thumb saftey and not for sure if i like it or not but ive heard they can be removed, anyone have any experience with this??

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I have the 9c w/o any safety, byt PM my nephew, http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...php?35015-Spec

He has the full size .40 and did something along those lines because of the Crimson trace grip .
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    I had an M&P 9c when I first got my CHL and carried it often, liked the gun, but had medical issues and was off work so I had to sell it to pay some bills, wish I still had it, along with my old G19 I sold in 2004 during my divorce to help fund the child custody battle that I eventually won.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Make the trade, but make sure a Glock is not involved in what leaves your side of the deal.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I would rather trade in the XD9 and buy the Glock 19 so that you stay within the same handgun platform and you can interchange the mags with the Glock 26.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Am I the only guy who doesn't undestand all this trade-in stuff? I have a brother that does it with cars. He loses money on every dang deal - every time. He loses big on the trade in, then pays for a new vehicle that depreciates 30% the minute he drives it off the lot.

I can see if you're a n00b, and are trying to dial-in which sidearm works best for cc, but I can't see doing this on a on-going basis after you've made a couple mistakes.

If you're already concerned about the safety, or any other doodad on the gun, DON'T BUY IT! You'll end up trading it in two months because you don't like that safety, and you'll get hosed on your trade-in while paying top dollar for your new love affair.

Are that may people here living paycheck-to-paycheck that they have to take a beating on a handgun to scrounge up $200 to $500? Most guys I know have that scratch in their wallet as walking around money. What divorce lawyer or doctor works for $500? If I had a divorce or a serious unmet medical need, I'd be selling a house and the cars. I'd keep my gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links