Rethinking the SIG P250c

Rethinking the SIG P250c

This is a discussion on Rethinking the SIG P250c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been in the market for a compact 9mm and have handled the SIG P250 a bunch of times and really like the feel of ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rethinking the SIG P250c

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Rethinking the SIG P250c

I've been in the market for a compact 9mm and have handled the SIG P250 a bunch of times and really like the feel of it. I've done a bunch of research into some of the problems they had, and from what I could tell it has mostly been fixed with the the second generation of the gun. I was wondering from anyone who owns the P250c if they have had any problems with it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    I've been in the market for a compact 9mm and have handled the SIG P250 a bunch of times and really like the feel of it. I've done a bunch of research into some of the problems they had, and from what I could tell it has mostly been fixed with the the second generation of the gun. I was wondering from anyone who owns the P250c if they have had any problems with it.
    May I ask why? There are just flat out better polymer pistols out there then the Sig P250. Having owned one, they are just not in the same league as the M&P,Glock or XD. By the way, I don't have the P250 anymore if that helps.....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I have owned one for a while and did have a problem with the trigger, but Sig fixed it promptly. I have put about 1K rounds through it since the repair without a problem. My EDC is a G27, but when I ride my motorcycle I like to OC the P250. IMHO, this is a fine pistol and fairly accurate, but I think the price is a bit high.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I'e owned 2 P250s, and as soon as the second one gets back from its latest trip to Sig, I'll own zero P250s. It's your call, but for the same money there are a lot of choices that I'd rather stake my life on. Worst buys I ever made.

Failures to eject, feed, a double feed, and some kind of locking problem that made the thing move sideways in my hand during recoil (spraining my wrist). That's an early .40c and a later 9mm 2SUM. I've been shooting handguns for 15+ years, and I've never had problems on the level I did with those guns. It's sad, because I waited years for a decent Sig polymer handgun, and the 250 felt great in my hand. I even loved the trigger!

The trigger is horrible, and IMO the Sigpro is a much better Sig Polymer gun. IMO I would look at the G26 or G19. Sig could do better but rushed this gun to market to steal some of the polymer thunder.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Sigpro sp2022 is a far better gun! The 2022 is the most underated polymer gun on the market... Sig definitely should have put more into its promotion and left that gimick of a modular p250 brick on the drawing room floor!

...just my opinion though
    COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

I have the P250 9mm, absolutely zero problems, 100% reliable, super easy and fast to strip and clean, extremely accurate. The trigger pull is long but very smooth, maybe smoothest i have felt. It was my conceal carry piece but in the summer months with t-shirt and shorts it is just a little too big and heavy for me. Love the platform, nothing but good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    May I ask why? There are just flat out better polymer pistols out there then the Sig P250. Having owned one, they are just not in the same league as the M&P,Glock or XD. By the way, I don't have the P250 anymore if that helps.....
    Yeah, but how do you really feel about it . . . lol.

Quote Originally Posted by YFZsandrider View Post
    Sigpro sp2022 is a far better gun! The 2022 is the most underated polymer gun on the market... Sig definitely should have put more into its promotion and left that gimick of a modular p250 brick on the drawing room floor!

I'd have to agree, the 2022 is an exceptional pistol for a good price. I took my 2022 to the range two weeks ago and it didn't take long to refresh my memory as to why it's such an excellent piece. Very soft recoil, hyper accurate, excellent trigger, etc.

VIP Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told that the 250 was going to be the 2022's replacement, as soon as it was established.
    I too looked at the 2022 initially, and it had high marks, being built for the French military and a few others.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    The trigger is horrible, and IMO the Sigpro is a much better Sig Polymer gun. IMO I would look at the G26 or G19. Sig could do better but rushed this gun to market to steal some of the polymer thunder.
    This guy is right on the money. Sig should have tested this gun more in my opinion. They also should have released it as a DA/SA pistol rather than as a DAO.

I don't like DA / SA pistols due to some issues with the M9 in Afghanistan, just don't like it. Not really sure where I wanna go. My carry weapons are a G23 / G27 so I really don't want a G19, and I will never own anything from Smith & Wesson. I'll have to keep looking see what I can come up with.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Wow! You've been getting an awful lot of negative here. I'd like to give you some positive. First off, I am lucky enough to have a few carry guns: Glocks, Rugers, FNH and Sig. I have two Sig P-250s. A compact which started life as a 9mm and has since been converted to 45 ACP by way of exchange kit, and the other is a 9mm Subcompact. I have 700 rounds through the compact, (about half in 9mm and half in 45 ACP), and about 500 rounds through the Sub. I have never experienced a single failure. Of all my carry guns which do I like most and carry most? The 250 Compact 45, and I switch off with the 9mm Sub.

I love the fact that they are light weight, and without any controls to mess you up in an emergency. Just a long, smooth trigger pull that requires a very deliberate squeeze, just like any revolver, but, a heck of a lot easier. I absolutely love these two guns.

As for price, the price of the compact has been reduced considerably. They can now be purchased for around $400.........I paid a good deal more when I bought mine, but to me they are worth it. Both my guns are tack drivers.

The main thing is you have to like the trigger. If you like the long double action pull you will be happy with the gun.

Compact:

SuB:

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

[QUOTE=Freedomofchoice;1791924]
    The main thing is you have to like the trigger. If you like the long double action pull you will be happy with the gun.

I've dry fired it a bunch of times and I don't mind the trigger. I'm looking for combat accuracy which I think can easily master it with enough rounds down range. I wanted to goto a 1911 but I just can't get used to having to used an external safety

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cz75luver View Post
    Yeah, but how do you really feel about it . . . lol.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links