New for the M&P from APEX-trigger reset enhancement!!!!

This is a discussion on New for the M&P from APEX-trigger reset enhancement!!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If we're honest, we'd have to admit that the M&P has one of the worst trigger resets ever invented. For those not familiar with trigger ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Moderator

If we're honest, we'd have to admit that the M&P has one of the worst trigger resets ever invented.

For those not familiar with trigger reset: If you fire a shot, or just pull the trigger for that matter, and start slowling releasing the trigger, at some point the internal gun mechanisms will 'reset' so the trigger can once again be pulled to fire the next shot. All guns have trigger reset. Reset includes how far the trigger has to be released before the trigger can be pulled again and how much feel, or tactile (not tactical) feedback you feel.

I'll be so bold as to say that Glock has the best trigger reset of any gun on the market. That is a bold statement so let me qualify the claim a bit. The 'selling' point for me is the distinctive 'click' you feel when the trigger resets. In addition to that asset, the amount you have to release the trigger is fairly short.

The M&P OTOH, has a fairly short reset, but it's mushy and has little 'click' to it. In short, it's awful. If you don't think it's awful, I'm glad for you - one less thing to worry with. For those of us that appreciate the tactical advantage of a tactile trigger reset, there's some good news. APEX is releasing a trigger reset enhancement kit, and I can't remember what they call it, but they tell me the kit will bring the trigger reset on an M&P on par with or better than a Glock. It's coming out in early November. I have one on order.

More good news: the kit is going to cost between $25 and $30! That's not bad, that's on par with a Ghost connector for Glocks.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You're making the M&P sound like a 1911, the greatest handgun ever designed if you do this, and that and this and that...
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You're making the M&P sound like a 1911, the greatest handgun ever designed if you do this, and that and this and that...
    LOL! You're right - I hadn't thought about it like that. That does have a familiar, very similar ring to it doesn't it!

Administrator
    I'm in argeement about resets, Glock has the best, and I don't like the M&P's at all. Going from Glock to Sig was a little tough do to the difference in resets, but Sig's SRT made it a lot better.
    I hope the APEX hits the nail on the head with this. I wish somebody made something like that for the Kahr.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Maybe this has already been talked about but I just had the full Apex kit installed on my M&P 45C...didn't really know something new was coming out. The trigger out of the box was terrible (to me)..gritty, lots of creep, not crisp, and a little heavy and the reset was bad. I just didn't like it.

Had a smith install the Apex duty/carry kit and the difference is night and day. Its a great trigger now...no 1911, but sig better.

The pull is down to about 4lbs...grittyness is all gone, the creep is less and reset is much better. I would not change anything now...not sure what the new parts will add though.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by marcodo View Post
    Maybe this has already been talked about but I just had the full Apex kit installed on my M&P 45C...didn't really know something new was coming out. The trigger out of the box was terrible (to me)..gritty, lots of creep, not crisp, and a little heavy and the reset was bad. I just didn't like it.

Had a smith install the Apex duty/carry kit and the difference is night and day. Its a great trigger now...no 1911, but sig better.

The pull is down to about 4lbs...grittyness is all gone, the creep is less and reset is much better. I would not change anything now...not sure what the new parts will add though.
    It's two different kits. The first that was available reduced the trigger pull weight and smoothed things up. It did a bit to help reset, but still nothing like it could be.

This new kit addresses the trigger return, or reset, characteristic and gives the M&P trigger a reset similar to a Glock. APEX claims better than a Glock - we'll see!

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    It's two different kits. The first that was available reduced the trigger pull weight and smoothed things up. It did a bit to help reset, but still nothing like it could be.

This new kit addresses the trigger return, or reset, characteristic and gives the M&P trigger a reset similar to a Glock. APEX claims better than a Glock - we'll see!
    good.. I've been thinking about an APEX but not for the reason of reducing the pounds on the trigger. I hope this newer version does help set the trigger faster. I would like to get one for my M&P for the reason of faster shooting during 3 gun competitions. Although I don't know how much it would help the "creep" on my gun at least because it has over 2000 rounds through it. Oh well I guess I could always take it out if I don't like the difference of the Apex.. When did you say it was supposed to be available? and from where?
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    All my firearms are for Self Defense , Hunting, and recreational "plinking."
    I do not participate in Handgun shooting competitions.

All my guns have factory stock triggers.

Will I not be able to shoot badguys fast enough if the need arises?
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post

I agree with AKsrule...
    Honor is self-esteem made visible in action. - Ayn Rand

Do you have a link you could post for this item?
    How difficult is installation?

Thanks
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I guess thats what makes the world go around.

All I'm saying is the gun is much more pleasant to shoot with a nice trigger.

Here's the link: https://apextactical.com/store/produ...pg1-cid13.html

On their web site there is a link to you tube that goes over the installation. It does not look hard but I am all thumbs and had a smith do it for me

Senior Moderator

Are you asking if modifying the trigger will help you shoot better? The answer to that is yes. And, no, I don't think any of us can shoot BGs fast enough.

Hi guys,

Here are the links for the videos explaining the RAM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT5bGGxlfRU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SLsA7lnUus

Scott

Are you asking if modifying the trigger will help you shoot better? The answer to that is yes. And, no, I don't think any of us can shoot BGs fast enough.
    lololol

More good news: the kit is going to cost between $25 and $30! That's not bad, that's on par with a Ghost connector for Glocks.
    The link below lists at $89.95. Did I miss something?

https://apextactical.com/store/produ...pg1-cid13.html
    Last edited by miklcolt45; October 26th, 2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: add link
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links