Annoyed!!!

This is a discussion on Annoyed!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm really gettin' annoyed. I love my little .32 (signature), but I cannot find bullets for it anywhere. And if I look at the sports ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Annoyed!!!

Annoyed!!!

I'm really gettin' annoyed. I love my little .32 (signature), but I cannot find bullets for it anywhere. And if I look at the sports stores like Cabela's or Gander Mountain, its extremely expensive. Wal-Mart is ALWAYS out of .32 ACP ammo. FRUSTRATING! I'm seriously considering trading in my precious Manurhin/Walther PP .32 for a .380. The .380 ammo is always available and its a little cheaper.

Thanks for listening.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

2. Remove Ads

If your going to move up, why not to a 9mm.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

EBC
    Ask around at your local Gun store maybe you can get with some one that reloads and get them to load some 32 for you.

Or

try some of the online ammo sales.
    ***NRA Life Member***
    ***DAV member***
    ***American Legion member***
    ***CCDL member***

I understand. Its the same way I felt when .380 ammo disappeared. But don't sell(I still have sellers regret from selling my .380), buy a .380 pistol and then when .32 comes back in your area, you can have the option of carrying either one.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    If your going to move up, why not to a 9mm.
    Because I am too stupid to figure that out!

Seriously, I was so aggravated and annoyed with the ammo situation, I didn't take the time to think that maybe I can trade in my .32 plus a couple hundred bucks for a good 9mm. Thanks for pointing that out, Guantes.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

From the way a few people are talkin' on this forum and another, looks like the absence of the .32 is a temporary thing. Or rather, a recurring thing.

Midwayusa.com solved my 380ACP pricing and inventory problems I was finding locally.

Try Natchez shooter supplies. They have a good selection in stock. They are on-line and very good to work with.

9mm is less expensive and readily available in target or SD rounds. That's the way to go. If you want a small frame gun, the Walther 9mm would be a great place to start. Of course, there's kel tec, kahr, Ruger SR9c, taurus 709, or the new sig also. I've got the 709 as well as a Bersa Thunder 9 uc. All things considered, the Bersa is a great weapon for the size, capacity, quality, and price. 13+1 capacity, alloy metal frame, steel controls, de-cocker (can carry chambered and de-cocked, hammer rides off the firing pin in a quarter cock position, and still have DA/SA capability). Ambi controls too. I recommend the stainless slide if you want to maintain a good looking slide finish. Mine's a carrier I bought used...a workhorse of which I'm not concerned regarding aesthetics. Many more options out there (Glock 19 or 26), (S&W M&Pc), (i.e. Ruger: P95, SR9, SR9c). Too many alternatives available in 9mm to list. Why limit your options to what is available for .32 or .380????
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I wouldn't make a hasty move because of ammo, what if your move up and 9mm becomes hard to get? (I doubt that will happen...)
    My point, hold on, you'll find some .32, so relax. It's probably not a 'range' gun anyway, so you just need enough ammo for SD. Buy one box of the expensive and just carry the gun as needed.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    9mm is less expensive and readily available in target or SD rounds. That's the way to go. If you want a small frame gun, the Walther 9mm would be a great place to start. Of course, there's kel tec, kahr, Ruger SR9c, taurus 709, or the new sig also. I've got the 709 as well as a Bersa Thunder 9 uc. All things considered, the Bersa is a great weapon for the size, capacity, quality, and price. 13+1 capacity, alloy metal frame, steel controls, de-cocker (can carry chambered and de-cocked, hammer rides off the firing pin in a quarter cock position, and still have DA/SA capability). Ambi controls too. I recommend the stainless slide if you want to maintain a good looking slide finish. Mine's a carrier I bought used...a workhorse of which I'm not concerned regarding aesthetics. Many more options out there (Glock 19 or 26), (S&W M&Pc), (i.e. Ruger: P95, SR9, SR9c). Too many alternatives available in 9mm to list. Why limit your options to what is available for .32 or .380????
    WOW! This is a wealth of information! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I wouldn't make a hasty move because of ammo, what if your move up and 9mm becomes hard to get? (I doubt that will happen...)
    My point, hold on, you'll find some .32, so relax. It's probably not a 'range' gun anyway, so you just need enough ammo for SD. Buy one box of the expensive and just carry the gun as needed.OMO
    I agree, and I really wanted to keep it. My dad gave it to me when I got married (the first time). However, when I voiced my complaints about the ammo to him, he said, "trade it. I'm about to trade mine." I guess he approves.

You will take a beating on the trade. I would just add to your number of guns. 9mm would be my suggestion due to ammo availability and price.

I am not one for getting rid of guns and taking a loss on them after having them in hand.

Find some .32 online like others have suggested and start your search for something to go along with it.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Yeah, keep the .32 and just add another. It's nice to have options.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Keep the .32 and start reloading yourself
    NRA Member

"I like a man who grins when he fights."
    ~Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links