Kel-Tec PF-9

This is a discussion on Kel-Tec PF-9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mjw6263 I looked at that. Many of the reviews dispute the low recoil claim. Have you personally tried that round? yeah in ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kel-Tec PF-9

Quote Originally Posted by mjw6263 View Post
    I looked at that. Many of the reviews dispute the low recoil claim.
    Have you personally tried that round?
    yeah in my glock 17. It seems low recoil but I one hand a .357 snub with full house loads all the time and think the 10mm is tame as well. I was also firing a pf-9 the other day with ranger bonded and thought it was tame so don't go by me

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    What is it that hurts so damn bad? your wrist? your finger? I just dont get how a pistol can hurt to shoot. I've never had a problem
    I guess some of us aren't as macho as you. Some feel recoil more than others. I'm 6'2" and 275 and not a wuss, but I have a couple of handguns that I don't enjoy shooting that much. One is a 2" Taurus 617 titanium. Shooting full power 158 gr. mags through it makes my hand ache after a couple of cylinders. Proper grips that fit the shooter's hand make it easier. I took the Ribber grips off it and installed a set of Trackers, but I might go back to the Ribbers.

The Keltec is a handful with +p rounds. A Hogue slip on grip helps a LOT. The benefits of +p are questionable in a 3" barrel. Corbon makes some good 9mm non+p as does Speer, Hornady, and other top line ammo makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    I guess some of us aren't as macho as you. Some feel recoil more than others. I'm 6'2" and 275 and not a wuss, but I have a couple of handguns that I don't enjoy shooting that much. One is a 2" Taurus 617 titanium. Shooting full power 158 gr. mags through it makes my hand ache after a couple of cylinders. Proper grips that fit the shooter's hand make it easier. I took the Ribber grips off it and installed a set of Trackers, but I might go back to the Ribbers.

The Keltec is a handful with +p rounds. A Hogue slip on grip helps a LOT. The benefits of +p are questionable in a 3" barrel. Corbon makes some good 9mm non+p as does Speer, Hornady, and other top line ammo makers.
    Well yeah, my hand hurts too but these guns are not range guns. Put a couple hundy of your carry ammo through them to verify feed,function, accuracy, and reliability and carry a lot shoot a little. A lot of these pocket guns and compacts arent made for high round counts. , Go buy a G17 or 1911 if you want a range plinker. Believe me in a high stress situation you won't even remember recoil or your hand hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    these guns are not range guns. Believe me in a high stress situation you won't even remember recoil or your hand hurting.
    Those are two statements I will agree with 100% However, you gotta practice enough with the gun to be GOOD with it. Your life depends on it. I carried a PF-9 for a couple of years, and ran a box of range ammo through it about every week, along with a mag of my carry ammo, just to keep in touch with the "real" recoil and sound. I had the extended mag base, the wide trigger pad, and a Hogue slip-on grip and I could handle shooting it that much without much problem.

I just bought one my self. Was wanting somthing small in a 9 mil to carry in a pocket holster. This weapon is down right excellent. No malfunctions and accurate. BUT IT DOES KILL THE HAND LOL. but ill tough it out.
    NRA Member

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links