Defensive Carry banner

I am oh so addicted...........

3K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  TWO GUNS 
#1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread in regards to selling my G-19 to purchase a P-35 (Browning Hi Power) T-Series. The vast majority of the replys said to sell the G-19 as I could always replace it later on and get the P-35. Well I sold the G-19 and got the P-35 and I am glad I did. It is away getting an extended safety and Novak sights.

Yesterday an officer on my department asked me if I knew anyone who might want to buy a G-19. Here we go again. Mistake number one on my part was to say "Let me look at it". Mistake number two was asking, "How much do you want for it"? The price was way low. Mistake number three was going to the bank and getting the cash for it.

I lasted a little over two weeks without a G-19. I am so addicted...... :yup: Yeah I know I should have just bought the P-35 outright and kept my original G-19 but I thought I could get off the Kool Aid and come out of the darkness and into the light for a while.

Oh yeah my captain just put his personal owned G-36 on the market. :aargh4:

#18 ·
Three wrongs make a right. Right?

^^^^I'm confused ^^^^^^^^
Old School

But somehow strangely agree, that you may have had a weak moment, in dumping your original 19, but it now sounds as though you are on the right path.

Good buy on the Browning. Congratulations!

They are remarkable

#26 ·
Not sure,but 3 Lefts do make a Right!(LOL!)

#4 ·
Ha! Remember your withdrawal pains and agony and insatiable desire for more the next time you deal with someone who's addicted to something else. Drugs, Glocks ... it's all the same! You gotta have that fix.:rolleyes:

How long can you resist the G36?

#6 ·
I feel your pain/addiction. In fact, I actually had to just flat-out stop going to the gun shop! These days I occasionally feed my passion with tricking out my gun or buying another accessory. It’s become a social experiment to see just how far I can take one gun and turn it into a white elephant.

#10 ·
I was out and about yesterday when my truck developed some mysterious alignment problem and just pulled into the parking lot of my favorite gun shop. I have been experiencing recurring uncontrolled desire for a .45. I thought I had decided on a Glock 30SF. As luck would have it, they had just sold their last G-30SF so I had to console myself with fondling a G-21 and G-36. My hands are short and wide so the double stack actually feels better than the slim G-36. I like the extra round count of the G-20 but it's a little too big for me to conceal on my already overstuffed body. I drooled on a couple of other guns and finally, being hungry and thirsty, went home. My favorite gun lady promised to call me when their replacement G-30SF comes in. Until then I can only sit home and dream and maybe check out the front end on my truck. It doesn't pull all the time, just a few weeks after a new gun purchase. Here's a thought "Old School", have your captain PM me about a price on his G36. It could calm my nerves until the G-30SF arrives.

#11 ·
I just can't see parting with my Glocks. I just keep saving my lunch money and being patient, for other guns down the road. I am addicted to my G's as well, I understand your plight..

#14 ·
I would love to own a Hi-Power...

#16 ·
Well I think you did the right thing....you would just be sitting and wanting that 19 back if you hadnt. Not just concnetrate on getting your P-35 up and running, and keep this 19. Other guns will come along later on.

#17 ·
It is a box stock G-36 with Glock night sights. I think he got plus one mag extnsions. He is away on a cruise and will be back next week. He is not known for giving "DEALS". I will find out the price and post.

#19 ·
Hey Old School, you still here? Get going and pick up that Glock-36, you won't be sorry.:comeandgetsome::smoke23:

#20 ·
I really am out of gun money and with Xmas right around the corner the grand daughters need to come first. I would like to get a G-36 though......huuummmmm..... I think the P-35 will allow me to resist for now. :yup:

#25 ·
The grand kids can still come first......you just need to re-evaluate the way you shop. Being without a Glock will be the last thing I do or the last thing I remember. If you need any tips on shopping for Christmas, I'd tell you that shopping for Christmas was a few months ago on the Wal Mart clearance aisles. Everything happens for a reason. Most of what happens is to help us learn no matter the outcome. Best of luck to you in your current situation.

#21 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun

Here's a little something to hold you over till yours arrives. My G30SF! Man, I love this pistol. Yesterday, I was doing a drill where on signal and in less than 3 seconds, I pick it up from the ground with the weak hand and was hitting paper plates at seven yards pretty consistanly using a point shooting technique...and i've only been shooting since May. Trust me when I say that this says more about the pistol than my shooting ability. Enjoy!

#22 ·
View attachment 21943

Here's a little something to hold you over till yours arrives. My G30SF! Man, I love this pistol. Yesterday, I was doing a drill where on signal and in less than 3 seconds, I pick it up from the ground with the weak hand and was hitting paper plates at seven yards pretty consistanly using a point shooting technique...and i've only been shooting since May. Trust me when I say that this says more about the pistol than my shooting ability. Enjoy!
"Everybody's got a plan , til they get hit". I put this on the squad room bulletin board at work a couple of weeks ago. Good food for thought. :yup:

I definately cannot buy that G-36 now. I am trying to thin out my handgun stable but am not being very successful.:confused:

#24 ·
All this Glock talk is driving me nuts. I gave up my one and only Glock (G36) and now I wan it back. I remain at bay as I hold out for the Gen4. Hopefully, it won't be available until after I pay for my new safe. Dang, I'm beginning to think that women were actually less expensive than this silly hobby.

#27 ·
Well no one bought my captains G-36 and Gander Mountain only offered him $265 for it. He really wanted to get this .243 Remington and he looked so sad the last time I saw him. What was I suppose to do ? I made him this pretty fair offer and :danceban: he took it. :yup: I will be getting it tomorrow. Honest this is the absolute last Glock I am ever going to buy. :wink: I am so hooked on these things. Thank goodness I have the P-35 to keep me on a level plane. :image035:

Like the wife says all the kids are gone out on their own and making decent money and she and I are still working so now is the time to spend our childrens inheritance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.