I am oh so addicted...........

This is a discussion on I am oh so addicted........... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread in regards to selling my G-19 to purchase a P-35 (Browning Hi Power) T-Series. The vast ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am oh so addicted...........

Talking I am oh so addicted...........

A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread in regards to selling my G-19 to purchase a P-35 (Browning Hi Power) T-Series. The vast majority of the replys said to sell the G-19 as I could always replace it later on and get the P-35. Well I sold the G-19 and got the P-35 and I am glad I did. It is away getting an extended safety and Novak sights.

Yesterday an officer on my department asked me if I knew anyone who might want to buy a G-19. Here we go again. Mistake number one on my part was to say "Let me look at it". Mistake number two was asking, "How much do you want for it"? The price was way low. Mistake number three was going to the bank and getting the cash for it.

I lasted a little over two weeks without a G-19. I am so addicted...... Yeah I know I should have just bought the P-35 outright and kept my original G-19 but I thought I could get off the Kool Aid and come out of the darkness and into the light for a while.

Oh yeah my captain just put his personal owned G-36 on the market.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

I'm pretty sure three mistakes in a row like that cancel each other out

Three wrongs make a right. Right?
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Ha! Remember your withdrawal pains and agony and insatiable desire for more the next time you deal with someone who's addicted to something else. Drugs, Glocks ... it's all the same! You gotta have that fix.

How long can you resist the G36?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three can offset the latter, so you did good.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    I feel your pain/addiction. In fact, I actually had to just flat-out stop going to the gun shop! These days I occasionally feed my passion with tricking out my gun or buying another accessory. It’s become a social experiment to see just how far I can take one gun and turn it into a white elephant.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Ha! Remember your withdrawal pains and agony and insatiable desire for more the next time you deal with someone who's addicted to something else. Drugs, Glocks ... it's all the same! You gotta have that fix.

How long can you resist the G36?
    I am really out of gun money now......... Once the P-35 is done I need to cease and desist.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    I am really out of gun money now......... Once the P-35 is done I need to ceast and desist.
    Never say "never"! Where there is a gun for sale, there is a way!

Just kidding. Don't worry about the G36. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon. When you are ready, you'll find one to your liking.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Glock 19's make good trading currency, as you discovered.

The P35, now that's a thing of beauty.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I was out and about yesterday when my truck developed some mysterious alignment problem and just pulled into the parking lot of my favorite gun shop. I have been experiencing recurring uncontrolled desire for a .45. I thought I had decided on a Glock 30SF. As luck would have it, they had just sold their last G-30SF so I had to console myself with fondling a G-21 and G-36. My hands are short and wide so the double stack actually feels better than the slim G-36. I like the extra round count of the G-20 but it's a little too big for me to conceal on my already overstuffed body. I drooled on a couple of other guns and finally, being hungry and thirsty, went home. My favorite gun lady promised to call me when their replacement G-30SF comes in. Until then I can only sit home and dream and maybe check out the front end on my truck. It doesn't pull all the time, just a few weeks after a new gun purchase. Here's a thought "Old School", have your captain PM me about a price on his G36. It could calm my nerves until the G-30SF arrives.

I just can't see parting with my Glocks. I just keep saving my lunch money and being patient, for other guns down the road. I am addicted to my G's as well, I understand your plight..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

If you made the mistake of buying the G19 at too low a price, sell it to me for a much lower price. That should fix it! :)
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    If you made the mistake of buying the G19 at too low a price, sell it to me for a much lower price. That should fix it! :)

I would love to own a Hi-Power...
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member
    Can we see a photo of the G36?

What does he want for it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links