sig 290

sig 290

This is a discussion on sig 290 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.ammoland.com/2010/10/28/s...ct-9mm-pistol/ Has anyone seen one at a gun show? Sig usually takes their time getting things out. Specs are similiar to PM9 but it weighs ...

Thread: sig 290

sig 290

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/10/28/s...ct-9mm-pistol/

Has anyone seen one at a gun show? Sig usually takes their time getting things out. Specs are similiar to PM9 but it weighs more, about 20oz. 530 MSRP

it looks promising.... I cant wait to handle one

Looks like an interesting gun, I have a PM9, to bad Glock does not see the light to make a single stack.

i cant wait to handle one either, im excited

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    Looks like an interesting gun, I have a PM9, to bad Glock does not see the light to make a single stack.
    maybe now that sig is stepping in to it, maybe glock will? but then again...glock didnt step in when the .380 was hot? but i guess since they cant import the .380 to the USA, then they didnt want to bother with it..?

Well hot diggity dog! Some tupperware you can put wood grips on! I might actually consider that one!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    Their loss. If companies are too dense to realize market share and demand, then they can lose the business as far as I am concerned.

I dunno anymore. I've had six smallish pistols - 3 Kahrs (one P9 and two PM9s) and 3 Ruger LCPs. The Kahrs are gone, still have the LCPs. Of those six pistols, 5 experienced issues - only one of my LCPs has been trouble-free (so far). The two others have both been back to Ruger twice (just shipped one out today).

So...my experience with small semi-auto pistols is not good. In my experience, once you get smaller than a Glock 26/27, the risk of issues goes way up. That might be the real reason Glock has not ventured into the micro 9mm market - their reputation is built on reliability, and I doubt they would introduce a gun they did not have absolute confidence in.

I guess time will tell. I certainly would not be one of the first to buy one.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I dunno anymore. I've had six smallish pistols - 3 Kahrs (one P9 and two PM9s) and 3 Ruger LCPs. The Kahrs are gone, still have the LCPs. Of those six pistols, 5 experienced issues - only one of my LCPs has been trouble-free (so far). The two others have both been back to Ruger twice (just shipped one out today).

So...my experience with small semi-auto pistols is not good. In my experience, once you get smaller than a Glock 26/27, the risk of issues goes way up. That might be the real reason Glock has not ventured into the micro 9mm market - their reputation is built on reliability, and I doubt they would introduce a gun they did not have absolute confidence in.

I guess time will tell. I certainly would not be one of the first to buy one.
    I concur with you on this one. I really like my Sig 250s, and this appears to be a "Baby 250" but I can certainly wait until all the teething issues (which I am sure will occur) are identified and resolved.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    What is the point?...compared to a Glock 26, it's 3/4" shorter, (close); 2/10's" shorter in height, (close); 1/4" smaller width, (only positive I see); the barrel is 1/2" shorter, (negative); sight radious is over an inch less, (negative); weight is 1/4 oz more, (close); big difference, (negative) is single stack mag 6 rds compared to 10 rds in the 26.
    Proud NRA member

i guess the point is for pocket carry, i'd be easier to draw than my g26. still gonna be a pretty heavy sucker for pocket carry...

maybe sig wants their hands in on the latest demands.

as for the glock and their reputation...i guess that is pretty true, they dont wanna produce a bad product, but if they got the G36 to work, why not a single stack 9?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    as for the glock and their reputation...i guess that is pretty true, they dont wanna produce a bad product, but if they got the G36 to work, why not a single stack 9?
    The G36 may be a single stack, but it is not a "micro" pistol. It's really close in size to a G19. Compare the two side by side...not much difference at all.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Links