1911 Options

This is a discussion on 1911 Options within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a tatical light for my Kimber Pro Carry II, problem is there is no rail, wondering if there are any options for it? ...

Thread: 1911 Options

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

1911 Options

Looking for a tatical light for my Kimber Pro Carry II, problem is there is no rail, wondering if there are any options for it? Also thoughts on a good set of night sights?
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

2. Remove Ads

i own a pair of trijicon sights, i really like them. as far as a tac light, sorry i dont know if you have any options that dont require a gunsmith.

You already have a quality firearm, why not add a quality SD light...SureFire?
    I have Trijicon night sights on my Glocks, and Meps on my Kimbers.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Getcha a good flashlight, retsupt recommends a good one, and learn to use it detached from your pistol.

Or you can check out these.

Here they are in action:

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Surefire makes a Slide Stop that replaces your 1911 Slide Stop that allows you to place a light on the gun.

I myself prefer the light in my off hand, as opposed to being on the gun, but that's just me. FWIW I am considering getting a 1911 with a rail for home defense, but will have a handheld light next to the gun like I currently do.

Biker

Distinguished Member
    TR Gear makes a bolt-on rail called the TICK rail. click
    m1911.org did a pretty favorable review of it. It attaches by bracing against the front of the trigger guard, and is secured using an included slide stop. The one major downside is that it will not fit in holsters designed for railed 1911s. As a bedside accessory, it's hard to beat. I use it for that, and I love it. Not for carry, though.

If you want something that can be carried, AFAIK, you are limited to gunsmith-installed solutions like the Novak Rail.
    Last edited by Xader; October 30th, 2010 at 03:28 AM.

VIP Member
    That ring finger deal is a clever design when time and circumstances permit. I can certainly see how that would be employed in a plane where the incident has taken place somewhere in the area and you have time to stick the thing' on your finger. Home intruder 'bump in the dark' scenario would be another good use. For the case along, I will buy it.

I recall being a young LEO and going from being seat-belted in my patrol car to pointing my gun at a threat outside of the car. I absolutely don’t remember unbuckling the belt, exiting the vehicle, drawing my gun, pointing at the suspect with a two-hand hold and yelling out ‘freeze’! It was entirely an autonomic response that was so fast that I’m amazed to this day. It actually happened that way a few times. My point, is that I envision a most likely engagement to be very quick with a near zero reaction time.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Good info. I was thinking of using a off weapon light, was not sure if there were options. My main concern is I want to get some good night sights. Currently it has all black "combat" sights, not something I see well. I am debating on yellow or orange back and green front or all green. I thought about the CT grips, but i'd have to get a ton more overtime to afford them.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Links