P380 vs LCP

P380 vs LCP

This is a discussion on P380 vs LCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have a Kahr P380 and an LCP? If so, which one prints less when pocket carried? I was researching the two and I ...

Thread: P380 vs LCP

P380 vs LCP

Does anyone have a Kahr P380 and an LCP? If so, which one prints less when pocket carried? I was researching the two and I noticed the Kahr is quite a bit taller as compared to the LCR. The Kahr is 3.9in whereas the LCP is only 3.6 and I think the grip height and smilmness are the two most important factors for pocket carry. Anyone have both and can compare??

Here are the specs

P380 3.90 0.75 11.00 6.75 6
    LCP 3.60 0.82 9.40 8.00 6

The biggest variables in your question is holsters and what kind of pants you are wearing. I think either gun would be just fine as a pocket gun, but it would take some effort to figure out what holster and pant combo works best for you.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Land of the mostly free
    I've owned both. The Kahr went away because it became a safe queen. In all honesty, there's little difference in the two as far as how they conceal. As long as you get a good holster and your pockets are big enough to accommodate your rig both go away pretty well.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I own both. They print virtually identically in a holster. I would rent or try both and see which one you're more comfortable with and base your decision on that. I usually pocket carry the P380 because I like the trigger much more and it's also rated for +P ammunition.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Central Kentucky
    This works really well for me. I think the Kahr is a bit on the heavy side however.
    Attached Images
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

As far as pocket holsters go, I use a #6 (with a thumb push-off added) from Jim at www.hiddenholsters.net. Prints like a wallet, PDA, or Smart phone in your pocket.

While listed as a rear pocket holster, I use it in my front pockets. I sometimes use a safety pin in the bottom of the pocket to adjust the angle of the holster, to keep it from falling forward in the pocket - depending on how the bottom of the pocket is cut.
    Last edited by 10thmtn; October 30th, 2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: corrected web address, more info
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.

www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links