XDm40 For EDC

XDm40 For EDC

This is a discussion on XDm40 For EDC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up a XDm40 and love it. Does anyone here carry one for the main everyday carry? if so, IWB or OWB.... I ...

Thread: XDm40 For EDC

XDm40 For EDC

I just picked up a XDm40 and love it. Does anyone here carry one for the main everyday carry? if so, IWB or OWB.... I think this will be a good winter gun for me, it will concel easy with a coat, but summer, it may be a little to big...

The XDm was a good choice in a defensive pistol. I use both IWB and OWB holsters depending on what I'm wearing. Summer carry isn't that bad, just buy your pants a size larger in the waist and one to two sizes larger with your shirt. I carry a Glock 17 all summer long in an appendix holster while wearing shorts and t-shirts. Once again, great choice in buying the XDm. Check out Dale Fricke's holsters, he makes some of the best kydex I've ever used.

You'd be surprised how you can carry a large pistol concealed even in summer. I carried a fullsize 5" 1911 .45ACP this summer IWB in shorts and a t-shirt. A decent belt and a holster and it is pretty easy to conceal IWB.

Congrats on the new pistol. Post some pics. I'm considering the XDm .45 myself. I've got the .40 sub compact, but since I've discovered how easy it is to conceal large pistols I've been going to larger pistols.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I carry an XDm .40 as my EDC. Mine's a 3.8 inch barrel, so a tad lighter than the full size, but the full size won't be much more difficult to carry. I carry in a Crossbreed Supertuck everyday, and usually only jeans and a t-shirt. It's surprisingly easy to carry such a large gun, and without much change to my wardrobe. It's just darn reassuring knowing I have 17 rounds of .40 without carrying an extra mag.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I have carried one for a year and it dissappears in good leather with a dickies work belt. I never carry IWB unless its like a tiny revolver. IMHO i would carry an extra mag for it though king1138, just because i had a few problems with mags when i first got it, springfield replaced the problem mag but i still am a little wary of them, not enough that it worries me when i carry it.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Last week I ordered a De Santis Thumb Break Scabbard for OWB and it came in Friday afternoon. I wore it all weekend out and about and it was pretty comfortable. Closer to spring, I may order a Croosbreed supertuck and give it a try, I own a couple for my other guns and they are nice.... Thanks for the input!

Sponsored Links