Defensive Carry banner

Full circle

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  BugDude 
#1 ·
My first gun for concealed carry was a Smith J frame. It was replaced by a 1911, my first semi-auto. That was replaced by a Glock G30, then a G19. They were replaced by a Kahr PM9. My wife liked that one so much it's now hers. So I got a Kahr P45 for EDC. So, I just got a Ruger SP101 as a companion for my .357 lever rifle.Took it to the range right after I bought it and fired a couple hundred rounds. Man, I like this revolver! Way more accurate than I expected, more than good enough for self-defense ranges. Hadn't really planned on carrying it much, but now I think I will. So I'm back to where I started, a wheel gun for carry. Funny, after reading so many arguments for hi-cap auto's, and drinking the cool-aid myself, I feel just fine with 5.

#2 ·
I understand you completely.:yup:
My early EDC was a Kimber, but not it sits in the safe. I now love the Glocks...my EDC is a Glock-36, but I recently purchased a Ruger SP101 and it is a fine revolver. I feel fine when it 'rides' along. It's a TANK.:hand10:

#3 ·
Welcome back! I too have chosen to come back to the wheel. I honestly prefer them to the high cap autos. Nothin wrong with bein true to yourself and following your own road instead of the cookie cutter world of whats popular in guns today. You will just as well be served by that as anything else, unless you are going to war, or going to shoot it out with a gang.

#4 ·
I've done the same thing. I was a die hard revolver guy my whole life and went off on a semi-auto tangent for a few years and now find myself carrying my SP101 and 442 most of the time (togetherm 2 snub carry combo). I still shoot and carry the bottom feeders some. I can carry my SP101 .357 right side IWB and hardly notice it and the 442 left pocket with a coupe speed strips of .38+P (fit either one) and figure 10 rounds readily available, two weapons, access from either side, and 2 re-loads that carry easily. It's so easy to carry and having access from either side (or both sides if threats coming from two directions) has a lot of merit. With some focused practice, it doesn't take long to get proficient with the snubs. If I can't get it done in 10 readily available shots...I'm sunk anyway. I did a Wolff spring replacement in both of mine and removed the 442 internal lock...it really helped the DA pull and my ability to shoot them with my weak side hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.