Hk p7m8

This is a discussion on Hk p7m8 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just curious if anybody could shed any light on this firearm for me. I think I understand the differences between the P7M8 and the PSP, ...

Thread: Hk p7m8

Hk p7m8

Just curious if anybody could shed any light on this firearm for me. I think I understand the differences between the P7M8 and the PSP, and am more interested in the M8.

Are there any years/imports (Chantily, Sterling, Other ? ) that are better than others for any reason ? What is a good deal/reasonable price to expect to pay for one of these pistols in excellent condition with factory box/mags/paperwork ? From what I've read online, they're an awesome shooting gun. Any and all input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boomerT View Post
    Just curious if anybody could shed any light on this firearm for me. I think I understand the differences between the P7M8 and the PSP, and am more interested in the M8.
    The primary difference is the mag release. A secondary difference is the heat shield and longer trigger guard on the M8 and not on the PSP. Otherwise they shoot the same.
    Are there any years/imports (Chantily, Sterling, Other ? ) that are better than others for any reason ?
    The differences are primarily cosmetic, there have been some minor changes, evolutions of some parts.
    What is a good deal/reasonable price to expect to pay for one of these pistols in excellent condition with factory box/mags/paperwork ? From what I've read online, they're an awesome shooting gun.
    A good deal would be closer to $800, but expect to pay $1000 or more for a newer pistol. I checked a local shop... they had two M8s, one at $1000, the other at $1300.
    Any and all input would be appreciated.
    The gun gets hot after several magazines. I can go about 8 mags then have to put it down.
    Some parts are expensive. Mags are fairly easy to find but will cost $50 or so.
    The P7 takes a little longer to clean.
    One of the all time great guns, very reliable, accurate and made for concealment. It's a bit heavy though.
    Last edited by ripley16; November 3rd, 2010 at 12:14 PM.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I will also add that both the P7M8 and the PSP are both very accurate weapons. I have owned both the P7M8 and the PSP (sold my PSP just because a good buddy of mine fell in love with it). Like Ripley16 said they do tend to get pretty darn hot after several magazines. As well, I have found that the trick to carrying either of the H&K's is to get a quality holster. I had Matt Del Fatti make one for me and it is an awesome holster.
    Attached Images
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Links