XS Big Dot Sights - Page 2

XS Big Dot Sights

This is a discussion on XS Big Dot Sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I put them on my XD45C and 40sc. I needed almost no time into transitioning from standard Glock 26/19 sights I had before. Maybe ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XS Big Dot Sights

Hi,

I put them on my XD45C and 40sc. I needed almost no time into transitioning from standard Glock 26/19 sights I had before. Maybe 50 rounds at most. I was able to complete a LEO qualification course with a score of 242/250 with these sights and my XD45C. I think the trigger job may have helped a bit. Anyway, great sights, fast acquisition, accurate (good enough to hit a silhouette inside the 7 ring at 25 yards)and great tritium inserts that are super bright at night. YMMV though depending on your experience.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified
    SA XD45C, XD40sc (SA Combat Trigger Job, XS Big Dot Sights)

The #1 goal of police work is to go home at the end of your shift!

Awesome info ajgranda,
    I just spoke with my gunsmith and he said same thing,he loves them on his XDM!
    I'll order them and he'll put them on,good deal!!
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Oh almost forgot to ask, if I install these sights will my glock fit in my holsters without damaging sights??
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    I've shot with them on 1911s and GLOCKs...I have them on none of my guns and the guys who HAD them don't anymore. These are a gimmick solution to a training problem; if you're having trouble acquiring your front sight, work on your presentation instead of putting a golf ball on your slide. (IMHO)

Dan
    Dan,

I respectfully disagree. I am 53 and have a hard time picking up the front sight on a Kahr PM9. I added Big Dots and the difference was significant. These sights came from big game hunters needing a quick shot on dangerous game. They work for me. I just added them to my G36 and couldn't be happier.

As far as training I am qualified by the NRA to train law enforcement handgun instructors. Back in the day I used a regular sight...now I use Big Dots.

These sights work well with any holster!!

Rick
    Hooah! It's an Army thing!

topsblades@gmail.com

Wink

Thanks alot Rick, with the price of holsters these days it's good to know.
    I use Tucker Gunleather silent thunder IWB and just ordered the OWB STX model.
    Drawing and reholstering is like butter with great and adj. retention!
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Quote Originally Posted by bikerboy View Post
    Oh almost forgot to ask, if I install these sights will my glock fit in my holsters without damaging sights??
    No problems at all, they look bigger, but are the same height as oem sights.

Thanks Kid appreciate the help
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Quote Originally Posted by Top View Post
    Dan,
    I respectfully disagree. I am 53 and have a hard time picking up the front sight on a Kahr PM9. I added Big Dots and the difference was significant. These sights came from big game hunters needing a quick shot on dangerous game. They work for me. I just added them to my G36 and couldn't be happier.
    Rick
    Point taken, Sir, as with the previous posters who took issue with my glib lil remark--my apologies (and that's why I put "IMHO" behind it). <g>

Here is my thinking--if you work your grip and your presentation, the sights are AUTOMATICALLY lined up. You don't need a big dot, they'll be on target. It doesn't even take long--a couple of hours over 2-3 eveningsand you'll have it NAILED.

Okay--Start by establishing a good, correct grip and making that consistent. Put a mark on the rear centerline of the strong hand, then two lines on the thumb/support hand. When you can draw and have those lines lined up every time, you have the grip nailed. Next, close your eyes and come up from low/ready. When you open them, the sights should be lined up. Shift the gun until they are, and repeat. It helps if you squeeze the gun hard when you nail it, sorta burning that grip into your memory. Now add the holster. the sights should be lined up after the draw, AND the lines should be lined up on the thumb and on the center line of the pistol.

Do that and you won't have to worry about lining up your sights ever again. This is why I said they are a gimmick. More properly phrased, they are a technological answer to a training problem.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I have a Big Dot on my M&P9c. Great sights. At night they're not much better than any other tritium sights.

I do pick up fiberoptic sights faster, but the pipes tend to fall out at inopportune moments, and they're no good without some ambient light.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

I looked at the fiber optic sights also. My bud has them on his .40 and loves em.
    he said they give the shooter fast target pk up and has had no problems with them
    coming loose. Great in day or twilight,may consider them,gotta choose now big dot/fiberoptic????????ummmm
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Put them on mt G27 and they are great! very quick in all conditions.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

When power is up for grabs; personal liberty is usually one of the first casualties…

Gonna go with Big Dots for my glock 23.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Cool

I have no problem with the sight in my High Noon Public Secret holster. Height of sight does not change. I am over 60 and it makes a big difference for me in rapid front sight press situations.

HK....... Marcellus Wallace is a big black man with a bald head and a bandaid on it.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    Do that and you won't have to worry about lining up your sights ever again.
    Quick somebody call Dave Sevigney and let him know he no longer needs sights on his pistol!

Anytime you want to test your theory on shooting sans sights why don't you remove your sights and shoot the next IDPA/IPSC match in your area.
    Post up your winning scores.
    Or is this one of those "gunfighting" only deals?

At one point, I briefly wondered if I should get the big dot sights. Then I completely removed the sights from my pistol and took my pistol the range a couple of times with no sights. Out to five yards, I can bring the sightless pistol to eye level, shoot, and hit just as well as with sights shooting at that speed (fast for me). At seven yards, the groups start to get a bit bigger without sights. If more people tried this, BigDot would lose a lot of business. I like my Warren Tactical sights more than anything else I've tried.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links