Got me an LCP! - Page 2

Got me an LCP!

This is a discussion on Got me an LCP! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LoadedPipes Use the +P for carry ammo, the couple shots you use to save your life won't break the gun. I wouldnt ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got me an LCP!

Quote Originally Posted by LoadedPipes View Post
    Use the +P for carry ammo, the couple shots you use to save your life won't break the gun.
    I wouldnt reccommend using ammo that you havent tested first for carry to "save your life"

i want to trust that the ammo in my pistol will function properly each and every time i pull the trigger, whether thats 3 times or 13.

" Re: Ruger LCP with +P ammo
    Back when the LCP first came out I remember someone emailed Ruger and asked them. They came back and said its fine to shoot them just not all the time. If its just carry ammo it should be fine. I just carry Hydrashocks because I havn't seen any +p in stores."

That was from another forum...call or e-mail ruger yourself then test 13 rounds and keep the other 7 for carry.

I carry federal personal defense in mine and have never tried any +p.

GM
    Congrats on the LCP. Enjoy
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Gotta love the LCP. Congrats!

Congrats on the LCP, I carry mine whenever I go out. I've not used any +p ammo in it, but I've yet to find any standard ammo that it won't feed (FMJ or HP).
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Congrats on the LCP, Welcome to the site.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Congrats. The LCP is a gun that can go just about any where with you. Easy to conceal in your pocket or IWB if you prefer. Try a back pocket wallet style holster, I think you might like that option.

Nice little gun congrats.... I to have shot +p ammo (buffalo bore) in my LCP. Had no problems feeding or ejecting at all. Field stripped the gun after I shot the +p and didn't see any damage. The only reason I shot it was my buddy had one of the first ones to come out, and if I remember correctly that owners manual didn't even mention +p ammo. I know the new manuals do now. I wouldn't recommend shooting it for practice rounds, but to carry as a defense load after you have shot a few to make sure they will feed & eject in your gun I think would be ok.But then again what do I know? All I am saying is I have shot it in mine. One thing for sure you can really tell the difference with the Buffalo Bore and regular FMJ target loads. However I am still on the fence about keeping them in my LCP, I have considered just going back to a good FMJ for penetration.

Congrats on the new LCP..i bought one a few weeks ago and i'm very happy with it..200+ flawless rds.through it..has met my expectations..

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I wouldnt reccommend using ammo that you havent tested first for carry to "save your life"

i want to trust that the ammo in my pistol will function properly each and every time i pull the trigger, whether thats 3 times or 13.
    I wasn't recommending carrying the +P without firing any first, simply stating that a box of +P will not destroy the firearm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links