Diamond Back 380

This is a discussion on Diamond Back 380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently sold my LCP, for many reasons and purchased a Diamond Back, best decision I've made in a long time. The LCP at best ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Diamond Back 380

Diamond Back 380

I recently sold my LCP, for many reasons and purchased a Diamond Back, best decision I've made in a long time. The LCP at best was awkward to shoot as I have a somewhat large hands. The shoot-ability of the DB is fantastic not one FTF/FTE after 150 rounds of FMJ and hollow points. Used standard loads along with +P, the +P was a little brisk but very manageable. Ruger opened the door for the new 380 expansion but has come up against some serious competition. One thing I did notice at first the gun seemed a little barrel heavy empty but with a loaded mag it balanced very well, grouping for this little gun at 45 feet benched, was about 2". I do highly recommend this gun.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Very good to hear...I have been intrigued by these guns since they came out.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Looks good, i would be interested in reading more about round count and long term reliability.

I enjoy my DB380. I've had it since February and have 400+ rounds through it. I carry in a RBKA Custom pocket holster daily. CTC is supposed to release a LaserGuard for it very soon.
    There ya go........

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Very good to hear...I have been intrigued by these guns since they came out.
    Me too. But from the re-search I've done. It's seems that they have gotten mixed reviews.

Glad to hear yours has been trouble free Giffordd

I think I recall reading that Glock is suing Diamond Back over design infrindgements. Can anyone else confirm this?

Cool

I love my DB and as my signature indicates I carry it every day. For me it is the softest shooting .380 aside from the PPK/S which is almost 3 times the weight.

http://www.gunblast.com/Diamondback380.htm
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Interested, but holding out for the 9x19 upgrade.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Giffordd View Post
    I recently sold my LCP, for many reasons and purchased a Diamond Back, best decision I've made in a long time. The LCP at best was awkward to shoot as I have a somewhat large hands. The shoot-ability of the DB is fantastic not one FTF/FTE after 150 rounds of FMJ and hollow points. Used standard loads along with +P, the +P was a little brisk but very manageable. Ruger opened the door for the new 380 expansion but has come up against some serious competition. One thing I did notice at first the gun seemed a little barrel heavy empty but with a loaded mag it balanced very well, grouping for this little gun at 45 feet benched, was about 2". I do highly recommend this gun.
    How does it compare size wise to the LCP?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Here's a Diamondback compared to a Kel Tec P3AT, the near twin of the Ruger LCP.

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I believe there were was some issues with the DB slides cracking a while back. No idea if that's been resolved or was anything other than a few isolated cases. Seems +P was involved. I recall my GS having a big stack of them come in right when that word came out.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have one. so far i don't feel its reliable. I'll keep trying.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GT3326 View Post
    I have one. so far i don't feel its reliable. I'll keep trying.
    What is it doing that makes it unreliable ?

Mine did not like Sellor and Bellot ammo but has functioned flawlessly with Speer Gold Dot and Speer Lawman. As the company brochure states the gun should be field stripped , cleaned and lubricated before firing.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

In the photograph I'm holding my P3AT and my brother-in-laws Diamondback which was new earlier this year when the photo was taken. His Diamondback is first rate with functional reliability and really good accuracy. He called me today however and, during the gab session, related how a local acquaintance with whom he went shooting had a Diamondback which wouldn't fire more than a couple of shots without failure. Seems the striker sear wasn't catching and holding. I suppose the gun partially cocks itself when the striker is caught and held by its sear, then the cocking and firing function is completed when the shooter pulls the trigger.

They were getting nothing because the striker on this particular Diamondback wasn't resetting. Looks like the fellow will have to send it back for adjustment.

I still like the little gun. I thought it handled a lot better than either the P3AT or the Ruger LCP and it also had better sights. If I was interested enough in small .380 pistols I'd be willing to swap my P3At for a Diamondback as it is the better shooting gun of the two.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I like the sites on the DB better than some 380's I've looked at, does that DB slide stay open on the last shot ?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by rson63 View Post
    I like the sites on the DB better than some 380's I've looked at, does that DB slide stay open on the last shot ?
    No ...
    There ya go........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links