S$w m&p 340

S$w m&p 340

This is a discussion on S$w m&p 340 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have been losing sleep obsessing over getting one of these for pocket carry... i currently have a Glock 30 that i wear with a supertuck, ...

Thread: S$w m&p 340

S$w m&p 340

Have been losing sleep obsessing over getting one of these for pocket carry... i currently have a Glock 30 that i wear with a supertuck, but find myself carrying my S&W 642ct in my pocket holster more often these last few months. I am slow at speed strip reloading and wanted another revolver... i dont need one, its a want thing... i am interested in the 340 just cause i like the blacked out gun, and i never had a 357 mag.... am i crazy for getting it? Does anyone have one? Does the stock grip reduce recoil better than the CT grips? Thanks for the help. Bunker

I have one...it is a great little pocket gun. With standard .38 I can shoot it all day long really. With a normal .357 load it is quite stout. It is not unbearable, but it is different than any other handgun I have owned. Mine has the Hogue rubber grips. They are fine, IMO. But If I were to get CT I would get the LG-405, with the cushiony front and back on them the LG_305 are just too long for a pocket. Overall I thin it is a great way to have a multi caliber pocket gun. I slip it in a Desantis Nemesis and forget about it. I also occasionally use a Galco Summer Comfort.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have one and love it. It slips in a pocket and you forget it is there. I have other full size .357's, and I'm not a glutton for punishment, so I don't shoot .357 in it. It is def. a memorable experience though. Top pic is a comparison of it next to a Kahr PM45. Last pic is a comparison of it and a Kel Tec PF9.

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing the pics. bunker

How do you like the PM45??

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    How do you like the PM45??
    The PM45 is great. It is really accurate, compact, and doesn't buck as much as you'd think a .45 acp on this platform may recoil. It easily slips into a lager pocket, or rides nicely in a kydex iwb holster.

Thanks, I have had my eye on a PM45 for a while, I am very happy with my PM9.

Back to the M&P 340, I have a 642 and have been thinking of a 357, I like the lightweight of the 642 but have reservations of that light of a gun for 357's recoil. The pictures of your 340 are very helpful to see the size. Thanks.

VIP Member
    I sure love mine and if I had the loot, I'd get another!
    I carry short barrel +P ammo in mine. It'll more than do the job as long as I do mine!

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Links