Range Report: Dan Wesson CBOB Commander

This is a discussion on Range Report: Dan Wesson CBOB Commander within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.angelfire.com/amiga2/czid/CBOB.html...

Thread: Range Report: Dan Wesson CBOB Commander

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar

Range Report: Dan Wesson CBOB Commander

www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    I've been interested in a Dan Wesson. Hopefuly CZ buying them will help out both of them. CZ needed a good 1911, and Dan Wessen could use the resources of CZ. Pre CZ were built using lots of Ed Brown parts, from what I understand. I'm interested in how they compare now.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker
    I've been interested in a Dan Wesson. Hopefuly CZ buying them will help out both of them. CZ needed a good 1911, and Dan Wessen could use the resources of CZ. Pre CZ were built using lots of Ed Brown parts, from what I understand. I'm interested in how they compare now.
    They still are being built the same way, Ed Brown, Wolff springs the whole nine. The only difference now is it says CZ/Dan Wesson on it. I beleive than a DW is one of the finest production gun's being built.

CZ is keeping there noses out of the DW line up but offering resourses and support to them that should make them even better. DW/CZ has an all new line up this year with the return of the Razorback an the great DW revolvers.

Latest handguns:
    RZ-10 1911 (Razorback) - chamberd in 10MM
    Alaskan Guide Special - chambered in the 445 supermag
    DW 445 Supermag - Chambered in the 445 also

both revo's can also shoot the 44 special and 44 magnums and I am hoping that they will offer different bbl sizes and calibers in both the 1911 and revo line up sooner than later.

They are well on there way though. The new facility is supposed to be top notch.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

i have not been impressed with CZ's handling of DW at all they were doing better when they were left alone before CZ bought them.. Seems to have less quality issues which reading couple 1911 forums seem to be cropping up big time lately

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    i have not been impressed with CZ's handling of DW at all they were doing better when they were left alone before CZ bought them.. Seems to have less quality issues which reading couple 1911 forums seem to be cropping up big time lately
    Bud,

Are you saying that they are having quality issues or a you saying they are having less quality issues now?

I have noticed a small increase on a few problems with new DW's but I think that is do in part from a couple of things. First, the new facility/equipment is probrably a problem working the bugs out and if anything many buyers not really knowing how to handle a 1911 NIB and also there are more new DW's on the shelf now then have been in a long time. The one's that are having problems from what I see are the one's with the lack of experiance with them complaining on the forums.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

sorry I'm not my best at 6 in the morning they are having poor quality control . so less quality than what they had before or poor quality any way you want to call it

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Looking at their Commander in the latest issue of Combat Handguns, me want!!

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    I'd like to get one while they are still doing the Ed Brown parts. Don't get me wrong I think CZ is a fine pistol, and I love their rifle (550 International ) But I'd think they'll start looking to get the cost to produce them down. And that means going with other parts. And they probaly need to get a handle on their Q/C . As it was mentioned there are more coming out of the shop now. If I'd thought about it, I would have got a Dan Wesson instead of the LTC , and later gotten a Para LDA. But my dealer will let me put it in lay-a-way.

Links