NIB Springfield XDm, .40 - or - used FNP .40 (maybe 50 rounds shot thourgh it)

This is a discussion on NIB Springfield XDm, .40 - or - used FNP .40 (maybe 50 rounds shot thourgh it) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not familiar with either gun, other than I am not a fan of Poly guns, but hardly anyone makes an all steel gun anymore, and ...

Thread: NIB Springfield XDm, .40 - or - used FNP .40 (maybe 50 rounds shot thourgh it)

Not familiar with either gun, other than I am not a fan of Poly guns, but hardly anyone makes an all steel gun anymore, and until someone starts importing the Jericho/Uzi Eagle/Baby Eagle (depending on the genre) I need to have a fall back carry in the event of...well...anything that would prevent me from carrying my current Baby Eagle (the current Unicorn of handguns - I search everyday for 2+ hours and no luck)

I found the XDM for $549 (no tax) 4.5 barrel, 2 mags, mag pouch, holster...the standard XDm package, and my local neighborhood gun shop has the used (1-3 years old) FNP 40 for $495 (then tax), with case, all paperwork, 3-3.5 barrel, second size back strap, and 3 mags. The FNP has one marginal bad point, the decocker is interfering with my grip (READ - I partially engage it with the thumbs forward grip)

I have handled about 15 different .40s in the full size config, and these are the only 2 that I feel make the list for me. Lots of the others I liked, but there were features that bugged me that knocked them off the list of potentials. Uncomfortable grip, awkward mag release, safety, slide release, trigger guard shape and size, unbalanced (top heavy), sights...

I am partial to the long barrel for the accuracy, as I will be using this for my IDPA matchs to get used to it. That and inherent gun accuracy is a must, the rest is my job. I love my BE, and after 3+ years of shooting it, I trust my life with it (and I know that at 100m I can keep an 8" group with it, darned accurate pistol).

Barring the current promotion on the XD for the extra mags and pouch, what are the pros and cons of both guns?

Don't say "Get both!" $650 max is all I can swing at the moment.

Need to make a choice by Tomorrow, and need all the hands on experience/advice I can get.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Just my opinion but I think that price for the XDm is high. I see brand new all black XDm's 3.8 which to some is more desireable at shows for $535 new and 2 tone for $575 with all the standard equipment. I was actually really thinking of buying one. I hope this helps. God Bless

I would go with the XDm. $549 with no tax (depending on the sales tax rate in your state) is not too bad especially with the current promo on mags. The Springer XDs fit my hand well and I like the grip safety. They are very easy to be accurate with right off the bat. Very reliable. Just depends on what you're looking for.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

XDM would be my choice. If you can swing it and like the Springer, buy it. Keep in mind that if warranties mean anything to you that the Springer has one and I think that FN is one of those who only offer the warranty to the original "new" purchaser. Just something to think about. Good Luck!

Sponsored Links