Glock 19 or SW M&Pc - Page 3

Glock 19 or SW M&Pc

This is a discussion on Glock 19 or SW M&Pc within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by C hawk Glock M&P9 is would be a closer comparison to the G19 if you ask me. M&P9c is more like a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock 19 or SW M&Pc

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    M&P9 is would be a closer comparison to the G19 if you ask me. M&P9c is more like a G26. Just sayin...
    It's dimensions put it kinda between the 26 & 19 although it's compared more to the 26. There really isn't much practical difference sizewise between the 9c and 19 unless you use a flat bottom mag. That's an option for some but it doesn't work well for me with the 9c as it's too short. The OP didn't ask about the 26 so I didn't bring it up.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

RKM
    I don't think you could go wrong with either. It's like Glock's vs. XD's. They're all great. I have no experience with the M&P's, but I hear they're fantastic guns.

I think the Glock is the better gun. I've had both. I still have the Glock 19.

I'm voting for the GLOCK 19. Mine has been 100% in all roles so far. I have no expierience with the M&P, although I have to admit they do interest me. But when it comes down to your life depending on a pistol wouldn't you want GLOCK Perfection?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

This weekend my wife selected her carry gun. She shot the Glock 19, S&W, Ruger, Springfield, the 19 again. Settled on the 19. Nuff said.

M&P 9mmc. Period. I am using the same criteria as the glock fanboys.

I will add, if you want a fat gripped brick to shoot, go with that glock, if you want an adjustable fit, go with the M&P.

Also, did you want a frame safety? Some people do, if you do, the M&P has one, if you want it.

Oh yeah, American Made vs. not American Made, stimulate the economy since them Dems can't seem to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmtbracer View Post
    They both feel the same in my hand but cannot decide which one to get. Any opinions? I think the G19 holds more round than the M&P.
    I don't know anything about Glocks, but I love my M&Pc (.357 sig). If you are concerned about capacity, you do have options with the M&P. Look at my avatar. It has my M&Pc with an "Xgrip" on a full size mag, so I can go between the 10 round compact and the 15 round full size on the same gun.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

I'm sure either one would suit you well. My experience is with Glock, thats my vote. Good luck with your choice..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I won't EDC any gun with external safeties. When the SHTF, drawing and pulling the trigger is about all I think I could manage. I'd vote Glock. I just got my second one, I'm hoping they will begin to reproduce.

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    I will add, if you want a fat gripped brick to shoot, go with that glock, if you want an adjustable fit, go with the M&P.

Oh yeah, American Made vs. not American Made, stimulate the economy since them Dems can't seem to get it right.
    To be fair, some of us need more grip than the M&P compacts provide. The Gen 4 caters more to the smaller handed as well.

All my other pistols are American made so forgive me my foray into Austrian polymer. As for the Dems...no comment, I'll let their record reflect their success....or lack of.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Picked up the G19 today and shot it. It was sweet I am very happy with the choice I made. It's nice when you can walk in the gun store and walk out with a gun. I love CCW.
    Thank you everyone who responded

One thing that was wrong with the G19 is there was a .40 mag in the gun I did not notice until I went to load it up a d say it only held 13 rounds. Then saw .40 stamped on the top. If that is the only thing wrong with the G19 then that is fine by me

Quote Originally Posted by ssmtbracer View Post
    One thing that was wrong with the G19 is there was a .40 mag in the gun I did not notice until I went to load it up a d say it only held 13 rounds. Then saw .40 stamped on the top. If that is the only thing wrong with the G19 then that is fine by me
    Sounds like the folks at the gun store probably mixed up the mags. The guy that runs the gun store where I bought my G26 did me a "favor" by installing Pearce pinky extensions on the mags...but he used the wrong base plate and I couldn't fully load the mag. I realized what happened when I took the mags apart myself. I was concerned that the mag springs had been damaged, but the mags functioned fine once I un-buggered them.

The G19 is a fine choice - arguably one of the best combat pistols ever made. It will serve you well.

May you never need it!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I won't EDC any gun with external safeties. When the SHTF, drawing and pulling the trigger is about all I think I could manage. I'd vote Glock. I just got my second one, I'm hoping they will begin to reproduce.
    I know the OP already made his purchase, congrats to him, but for future reference, the M&P comes with or without the external safety. Mine does not have one, just the passive trigger.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links