Glock 19 or SW M&Pc

Glock 19 or SW M&Pc

This is a discussion on Glock 19 or SW M&Pc within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They both feel the same in my hand but cannot decide which one to get. Any opinions? I think the G19 holds more round than ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 or SW M&Pc

Glock 19 or SW M&Pc

They both feel the same in my hand but cannot decide which one to get. Any opinions? I think the G19 holds more round than the M&P.

I bought an XD(I know, not an M&P) a couple years ago. I've wanted a Glock ever since. You can apply the same logic to your situation. (just my opinion of course!)
    Last edited by schwaa; November 5th, 2010 at 04:21 PM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

The glock has (what I consider to be) a better out of the box trigger. With that being said if ergo's are the same for you I would go with the M&P because of the versatility. With the M&P you could go with the short mag to decrease handle size if your wearing something that's causing your gun to print. If printing isn't a issue you could carry with a larger mag. You can also switch to a larger mag if you put the gun on night stand duty. Basically I'm saying you can make the M&P larger but you can't make the glock smaller.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Try to rent them both. I rented both before I bought. For me M&P no question. Felt better, shot better.

I went to the gun shop a couple weeks back and left with the M&P, but they did not feel the same in my hand. I even liked the M&P's trigger.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Glock - M&P. Chevy - Ford. Need to test drive both. One will win out. Both can use a larger mag for HD duty. If you're looking at the Gen 4 G19, it has similar interchangeable backstraps for better fit, like the M&P line. I like my Glock, but was seriously looking at the M&P a while back.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

GM
    Both of them are good firearms. Just get the one that works best for you.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Can't go wrong either way, both are great. I like the M&P a bit better and I like that it's also made in the USA.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Glock makes a fine handgun and I respect their products very much.

I don't much care for the grip angle of their pistols though.

The S&W M&P is much more user friendly with it's adjustable grip panels.

It's very accurate and super reliable.

Here's a picture of one which I am very fond of, it came with night sights and three magazines and it's been very accurate and super reliable, I've run a variety of ammo thru it with 3 malfunctions in 2000 rds.

[IMG][/IMG]
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

VIP Member
    Three malfunctions in 2000 rounds? What type were they? My G19 and Sig P228 have NEVER had a failure that wasn't ammunition related (and only 1 of those) in a combined 15,000 or so rounds... I guess I'm spoiled, but I wouldn't consider a mean failure rate of 1.5 : 1000 good enough.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

One thing about the M&Pc if you wanted a thumb safety the M&P comes with or without one. See if you can rent the weapons at a range see what ya think, theres a lot of good info on both on this site as well. Good luck
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Three malfunctions in 2000 rounds? What type were they? My G19 and Sig P228 have NEVER had a failure that wasn't ammunition related (and only 1 of those) in a combined 15,000 or so rounds... I guess I'm spoiled, but I wouldn't consider a mean failure rate of 1.5 : 1000 good enough.
    You might have more of a leg to stand on if you didn't bring up Sig! They didn't do too well with the recent ATF contract now did they?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    That was not a Sig "Classic" and those testing protocols seemed a bit...odd.

Sigs seem to be just fine for the SEALs, USSS, FAMs, CID, NCIS, OSI, etc, etc, etc....
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

On a side note I am actually considering trading my Glock 26 for a M&P9c just because my M&P45c is such a fantastic gun.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I don't think you could go wrong with either. I had a M&P 45 I just couldn't get used to it's "gritty" trigger. I have heard a lot of people say that gets better the more you shoot the gun, and it does make since. In all fairness I really didn't give the M&P a chance before I sold it, and bought a Glock 30. Overall the M&P does feel better in your hands. Close to a 1911. But I like my G-30 as I have always been a Glock fan anyway. I have several 1911's but still my everyday carry is a Glock. Just my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links