Whats it worth??

Whats it worth??

This is a discussion on Whats it worth?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, per a couple of threads I have started I have a bunch of guns I would like to buy! I am thinking about selling ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats it worth??

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

Whats it worth??

Ok, per a couple of threads I have started I have a bunch of guns I would like to buy! I am thinking about selling one of my really nice pieces to buy 3-4 new toys, but don't know what to ask for it. It is a Nickle Plated Colt Python Elite 6" barrel and It is 99.9% mint 1 cylinder shot out of it at most. I have box paperwork and all. I am not sure that I want to sell it, but there are other guns calling my name and I have other special guns. the Girlfriend has cut my firearm fund so if I want new I gotta sell just can't figure a $$$$ to ask.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

It's worth $100. I feel for ya and I'm willing to help a fellow gun lover in a pinch, so I'll give you $200. That's how I roll....give, give...never take.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I want it but I am broke I hav seen them go as low as 12 and as high as 2400

wow 12-2400?? It would get sold with the quickness if I could clear 2000!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I've seen asking prices pretty high,but also seen where nobody bids either,I think starting at about 1400.00 might get some bids,and depending on how hot it gets depends on final price.The economy has caused a lot of people to squander money they might otherwise deem as toy money
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    It's worth $100. I feel for ya and I'm willing to help a fellow gun lover in a pinch, so I'll give you $200. That's how I roll....give, give...never take.
    That is a ridiculous offer and a very poor attempt at humor............. I'll give you $250 !

Seriously I have seen blued pythons going for $1000 in my area (south Florida). Good luck.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

How much more does the fact that its an elite series make it.

Go look on the on-line auction sites to see what they sell for (note - you can't judge by what the 'current' bid is, you need to see the final winning bid). GunBroker.com is a good place to start.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I wouldnt take less than 2000 and I would ask at least 2400 for it. Shoot the box alone is worth 100-150 bucks. ( but without the box the python is worth less..)
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

Im in for 1000

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Go look on the on-line auction sites to see what they sell for (note - you can't judge by what the 'current' bid is, you need to see the final winning bid). GunBroker.com is a good place to start.
    I agree. Something like that demands a premium price these days. Can't find them often. I could only guess without searching the internet for a few hours (and I'm good at searching the internet). Thing is.........if I had the piece, I'd keep it as an investment. I know....there comes a time. Been there before myself. Thing is...I think you have a prize piece. What it's actually worth in liquidating it, I couldn't say. But with you're thinking on obtaining 3-4 new ones out of the proceeds, I'd highly doubt it with prices today. In a way, I look back today at my selling a Colt Trooper MkIV .357mag. But I am where I want to be today. Don't take my advice.

I'd estimate the Python would sell for $1500 to $1800. I'd put it on Gunbroker in a no reserve, 10 day auction with high quality photos, starting at $1200 and see what happened.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Thanks all. Great advice here! I am gonna kick it around maybe put it for sale in the classifieds here. Auctions scare me if the reserve is too high there no interest if you do a penny no reserve you can get burnt.

Administrator
    Yes, some good advice here. But the girlfriend cut off the toy budget? Good grief, you're in for a long ride if that is starting already.
    "Just blame Sixto"

"the Girlfriend has cut my firearm fund..."

Sixto beat me to it again.

Could the girlfriend bring about the same money as the Python?
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links