Why I can't be left home alone.

This is a discussion on Why I can't be left home alone. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wifes at work, so I decided to go to Buds just to look around. Big,Big mistake. I was happy just browsing when this cool and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I can't be left home alone.

Why I can't be left home alone.

Wifes at work, so I decided to go to Buds just to look around. Big,Big mistake. I was happy just browsing when this cool and mint little k frame model 64-6 caught my eye. Then I saw the price tag of $ 349.00. It had no internal lock but did have the mims trigger and hammer. Before I knew it I had annied up the money, and was in the range with a complimentory 30 min free shooting time. I went to my truck and found some reloads using 5 grains of Unique powder under a 158 grain lead FN bullet. Out to 25 yards I had no trouble keeping them in the head of a scaled down b27 target. Double action is very good, easy to roll the cylinder into the next position before dropping the hammer, although a little gritty. I really like this gun. Of course, I like them all. I would like to blame bmcgilvray for this weak moment.:yup

gun pic 3.jpg

2. Remove Ads

GM
    Did your wife get back home yet ... ...
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Wifes at work, so I decided to go to Buds just to look around. Big,Big mistake. I was happy just browsing when this cool and mint little k frame model 64-6 caught my eye. Then I saw the price tag of $ 349.00. It had no internal lock but did have the mims trigger and hammer. Before I knew it I had annied up the money, and was in the range with a complimentory 30 min free shooting time. I went to my truck and found some reloads using 5 grains of Unique powder under a 158 grain lead FN bullet. Out to 25 yards I had no trouble keeping them in the head of a scaled down b27 target. Double action is very good, easy to roll the cylinder into the next position before dropping the hammer, although a little gritty. I really like this gun. Of course, I like them all. I would like to blame bmcgilvray for this weak moment.:yup

gun pic 3.jpg
    Uh, there were new rules at work issued last week, so this was a necessary purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Did your wife get back home yet ... ...
    Lol! No Luckily shes doesnt get off until 1030. Shes working overtime. ha ha. Hopefully she wont find out about it for a while. She's been wanting a revolver to compete with, so maybe this will be hers. She takes all my stuff anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Uh, there were new rules at work issued last week, so this was a necessary purchase.
    Oh thats right! I almost forgot! Thanks Hop for reminding me

GM
    Lol! No Luckily shes doesnt get off until 1030. Shes working overtime. ha ha. Hopefully she wont find out about it for a while. She's been wanting a revolver to compete with, so maybe this will be hers. She takes all my stuff anyway.
    Then enjoy the new toy while you can . It really is a very nice piece! Congrats
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Wifes at work ... cool and mint little k frame model 64-6 caught my eye ... $ 349.00 ... Before I knew it I had annied up the money ...
    I don't blame you. That's a fairly good-looking gun, there. I'm not really a "revolver guy," but had I seen that one sittin' in the window, I likely would have picked it up as well. Very nice.

Pucker up, bud.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Glockman, you'd be in a world of hurt if your state instituted one-gun-a-month!

I picked up a pair of M64s a year or two ago, a 4-inch dash 3 and a 2-inch dash 4 with factory DAO. Talk about fun, easy shooters! The snub got a pair of Eagle "Secret Service" grips which fit my paws better than the Magnas, plus they're purtier.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

She takes all my stuff anyway.
    Women's #1 rule of marriage "What is his is mine, what is mine is still mine" You don't have any stuff, get used to it

you've got some 'splainin' to do

Nice wheel gun
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Well, I should unequivocally state that I had nothing to do with this. I have no need for angry Kentucky wives coming down here to Texas taking me to task for aiding and abetting a gun purchase.

Great revolver! And a great price too for one so new and nice! And without the loathsome lock! A version of the good old Model 10 Heavy Barrel in care-free stainless steel. Those hang on target so nicely when bouncing through a cylinder of +P 158 grain ammunition in a rapid-fire double-action cadence. Jest a wee drap of oil here 'n there laddie, carefully applied, will help smooth things right out as will regular cycling of the action through shooting.

5 grains of Unique and a 158 grain SWC makes a great general purpose load too. Ought to be making 875-900 fps from a 4-inch barrel.

Again, I did not do it!
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

That is a very nice revolver. I hope you end up thinking it's worth your wife's anticipated reaction there...

PM me if you're going to need a note for 'permission to buy'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Let her use it to compete and maybe she'll let you shoot it every once in a while and won't get mad at you for buying it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Well.... when she comes home and discovers what you did in her abscense, I have a sofa you can sleep on for a few nights.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links