First Glock

This is a discussion on First Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glock 29SF and a bunch of G20 mags...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Glock

Glock 29SF and a bunch of G20 mags

2. Remove Ads

The Glock-36 is my EDC...but there are SO MANY to choose from...good luck deciding!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Glock 23 for my EDC, my wife just selected at Glock 19 after shooting the Ruger, Sig, Springfield, and a couple of others. Goes bang every time you pull the trigger from out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Glock 29SF and a bunch of G20 mags
    Yep, same here. To me the 29 is the perfect all around pistol for the outdoorsman/ CCW holder. The 10mm will stop most all beasts, 2 legged and four legged. If I didnt have a Glock I would get the 29SF and a Lonewolf .40cal conversion barrel. Shoot .40s to practice and carry 10mm.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by Glocksin View Post
    I carried 3 G21s for a time....
    How big a boy are you Most don't think they can hide 1.
    Glock Certified Armorer

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Just got my G-30SF and a MIC holster. I can't wait to try it out.

RKM
    The G30 is a perfect choice. Only other Glock I'd want to own is the G19 (dad has a G19) G29 and G20. All Glock's are nice, I'm just not interested in those other calibers.

Quote Originally Posted by mattwestm View Post
    Hmm, I'm thinking I want a Glock. I've been against it for the longest time, but I'd really like to get one now. I'm just not sure which one I want. Give me some suggestions. I currently have these handguns that I use often:

Springfield XD-9
    Springfield XD-45
    Springfield XD-9SC
    RIA 1911 GI
    RIA 1911 Officer

I of course have many others, but these are the handguns that I carry/shoot most often. I don't want the Glock 19 since it's so similar to my XD-9, same goes for the 26 and the XD-9SC. I'm thinking the 30 might fit the bill since I don't own a compact 45ACP polymer pistol. I suppose I could also get a 23 or 29 to venture over to another caliber. I don't really *need* .40 or 10mm since I have 9mm and 45ACP, but I'm not against buying any caliber. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    In my honest opinion.........with all you have now........I really don't think you need a Glock. Wants are a different story however. I have no good suggestions for you. If the XDs have been doing you good, stick with them.

I really like the feel and fit of my G22, very accurate and fits my big hand great. I am 6-3 240# and it works for me. Also have the 1911 45 but prefer the G22 for EDC.
    Glock G22 .40 Cal.
    SA 1911 A-1 .45 ACP

kpw
    The G30 is a great gun. I enjoyed my 30 SF for a couple of years and can recommend them to anyone interested in one. They are more accurate than they should be for it's type, soft on recoil, even with +P ammo and, although a bit chunky, very concealable. It did find itself in the safe more often than not in favor of my G19 though. My next Glock will probably be a 34, they are just plain fun to shoot.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Well I'm going to be a bit different here and suggest my EDC the Glock 33. Small but powerful in the.357SIG and with the available 11 round mag +1 gives you 12 rounds. I run +P Buffalo Bore ammo in mine with no problems.

SDF880

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Not being a smartass but the Glock 19 isn't comparable to the XD9 nor the 26 similar to the XDSC9 I have owned and shot these guns. But try the 29 if you just want something different than the normal. But god I love my 19.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    Not being a smartass but the Glock 19 isn't comparable to the XD9 nor the 26 similar to the XDSC9 I have owned and shot these guns. But try the 29 if you just want something different than the normal. But god I love my 19.
    I tried to tell ya a while back! The 19 is a hard one to beat for so many reasons.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

When I was shopping for a G19/XD-9, I held both and really liked both guns. I only bought the XD-9 because the price was so good. There are pros/cons to each, but in my book they even out. Since I had the XD-9, I decided to stick with XDs. Lately though I have been wanting a glock...

The Glock is a very fine, reliable and cost effective sidearm.

I'd suggest you shoot an HK P30 or an M&P to broaden your horizons. The ergos of each are excellent.

Good luck. Let us know what you decide.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links