Kahr PM45 who has one and what do you think?

This is a discussion on Kahr PM45 who has one and what do you think? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I looked at the PM45 today and might add it to my collection. Just want to know how owners like or dislike them....

Thread: Kahr PM45 who has one and what do you think?

Kahr PM45 who has one and what do you think?

I looked at the PM45 today and might add it to my collection. Just want to know how owners like or dislike them.

2. Remove Ads

Had one. Loved the pistol. Good ergonomics, reliable and easy to carry, but at the end of the day it just wasn't quite as concealable as my PM9. For that reason it just didn't get carried as often and ended up as trade fodder. Perhaps if I had bought the 45 before the 9 things may have ended differently, but I would recommend one to anyone considering it as a CCW.

jyo
    I have the slightly larger P45 pistol and I like it a lot---it does however kick noticeably---I would think the smaller PM45 would kick even more.

Quote Originally Posted by philbo View Post
    Had one. Loved the pistol. Good ergonomics, reliable and easy to carry, but at the end of the day it just wasn't quite as concealable as my PM9. For that reason it just didn't get carried as often and ended up as trade fodder. Perhaps if I had bought the 45 before the 9 things may have ended differently, but I would recommend one to anyone considering it as a CCW.
    Wow, Philbo, I have a PM9 I bought for pocket carry but ended up with IWB carry and wish it were a PM45. Were you limiting to pocket carry? If not please tell me more about what it was so I can look for that BEFORE I trade my PM9.

I bought 1 when they 1st came out (my wife has already been carrying a PM9 for awhile) & loved it
    Then awhile later i got the 1911 bug & sold the PM45 to help cover the cost of my "Kimber Ultra Carry 2" & have missed it ever since
    The Kahr carried excellent & seemed very reliable, also i thought it was fine to shoot by the way. In fact i would sometimes put over 100 rounds down range. I did have a Houge Handall Jr on it which made all the difference in the grip...trust me
    Now iam NOT knocking the 1911 in fact its the smoothest most accurate 3 inch pistol i have ever fired but its just not as comfy to me for EDC as the Kahr was. Which is why i currently have it for sale, to buy another PM45 & bank some much needed cash (unless i order the C&S version PM45) Oh well figure that all out later............Hope this helps
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Wow, Philbo, I have a PM9 I bought for pocket carry but ended up with IWB carry and wish it were a PM45. Were you limiting to pocket carry? If not please tell me more about what it was so I can look for that BEFORE I trade my PM9.
    I bought the PM45, had a nice IWB holster set up for it and carried it a lot at first... that was in cooler months when a coat was always on. As the weather heated up here in Texas the next summer, the ability to drop the PM9 in a pocket, or use a slimmer holster for IWB (Remora or Desantis Nemesis) than I needed for the slightly bigger PM45 meant the PM9 was the first choice more often than not. Bottom line was that the PM45 was just enough larger than carrying at 3-4 o'clock was more problematic to effectively conceal with lighter clothing and a tucked in shirt (required by my job). Carrying appendix was just flat uncomfortable all day long with the PM45... something the PM9 does with ease and is concealed by just blousing part of my shirt over the pistol. In the end, although I think the PM45 is a first rate conceal carry piece... the PM9 is just enough smaller that it edged the PM45 out of the rotation for the summer... which in Houston lasts until November.

I have one and love it, however I don't carry it very often anymore. I used to carry it mainly on my ankle but have since stopped carrying it in favor of my M&P 340.
    When I first bought it I was having problems with it ejecting EVERY spent round directly into my forehead and magazine retention issues. I sent it back to Kahr on a Monday and it was returned to me that Friday with a new magazine release, which apparently was causing both of my issues, all without charge. Over 700 flawless rounds since then
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Until recently, I had a PM45 that was my daily off duty carry pistol. It preformed flawlessly and I carried it for a couple of years. I've since switched all my carry pistols to the Glock platform. I shoot often and sometimes had trouble transitioning between the Kahr and Glock triggers. I found the PM45 to be a very soft shooting and reliable pistol.
    Randy

Links