P32, NAA Mini or Tomcat

This is a discussion on P32, NAA Mini or Tomcat within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for something smaller for the front pocket and am torn between the Kel-Tec P32, Beretta Tomcat or NAA Mini Revolver with the new ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P32, NAA Mini or Tomcat

P32, NAA Mini or Tomcat

I'm looking for something smaller for the front pocket and am torn between the Kel-Tec P32, Beretta Tomcat or NAA Mini Revolver with the new boot grips in .22LR (or maybe .22Mag). Any guidance? Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    ALS - I think you'll have to in part base your decision on what cal you can be happy with, plus size considerations. .32 being centerfire is arguably the more relaible and more effective.

The KT is probably the lightest and most ''pocketable'' piece IMO.

I do tho like my 22 mag NAA Mini - it sits well in front vest pocket (or any pocket come to that) - and I have not gone for the boot grip to keep size down to minimum.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I'd go with the Kel-Tec.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    I like my little Naa mini, and can say that I have never had a misfire with it. For CCW though, I would look at the Kel-tec. You can get it in .380 and it seems to be the same size as the 32 and pretty close in price as well.

I felt like the P32 shot pretty nicely while the P-3AT was harsh. So, I wonder if .32ACP is just a better match for that particular gun, all things considered, than .380.

I'm in for the NAA mini in .22 mag.
    I got 2 of them. One of them folds.

Quote Originally Posted by Air,Land&Sea
    I felt like the P32 shot pretty nicely while the P-3AT was harsh. So, I wonder if .32ACP is just a better match for that particular gun, all things considered, than .380.
    Agreed, it is a better match. Kel-Tec made the .32 first and adapted the .380 later. As always, personal preference trumps all.

Many like the .380 for its size to power ratio, but I prefer the shootability of the .32 - it is my 'go anywhere' gun.

-Paul
    Hero's aren't born, they're cornered - According to Jim

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Some one once stated something to the effect of " a wise man speaks when he has somethig to say , a fool speaks when he has to say something" . With that in mind i have to chime in for the 2nd gen Kel Tech P3AT as a pocket carry . I shot a buddys 1st gen and it felt like a credit card exploded in my hand , i couldnt hit sheite. I traded into a 2nd gen and shot it " before i traded it " The dammed little thing not only had the gall to shoot where the sights said it would , but the recoil seemed about half of what my friends was . The gun is still for sale but at $400.00 i dont think it will soon in my area LOL .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Another vote for the KelTec P32.Add an Uncle Mike's nylon pocket holster & load Silvertips.

I have the P32 and a NAA .22mag. I tend to carry the P32 for the added power and capacity. I classify the P32 as more of Back up Gun due the more pwerful round and additional capacity. It fits well in the pocket and is extremely light weight. The only drawback for me is the extremely long trigger pull.

The NAA minimag is an adequate, extreme close quarters weapon. It obviously, also fits well in the pocket. When shooting the .22mag it does pack some kick. It is built with the precision of a Swiss watch. Never tried but you can shoot shotshell as well.

Can't comment on the Tomcat but of the ones I know I would choose the P32 first. Cover your self defense needs first then branch out. If you are like me you will end up with all three over time anyway.

I have a NAA mini-mag in 22 magnum and a Kel-Tec in 380 cal. I like both of these guns a lot but the Kel-Tec is my favorite carry gun. Small, light, thin and very easy to conceal. The recoil with this gun has never been a big problem to me. Both of these guns have been completely dependable and I trust either of them to do their job. I carry the NAA in a homemade kydex holster in my pocket or the Kel-Tec IWB using a KT belt clip. There is no excuse for leaving home without a gun if you own one of these two. Nearly everyone who owns a P32 thinks it is a great little carry gun. If you prefer 32 Caliber it would be a fine choice.

I'm getting a P32 tomorrow to celebrate the sales tax hike in NJ decided today and the blessing that I don't live there anymore. I might need to be held.

A lot of info here about keltec. The long and short of it is this:

P32: Very reliable in my opinion, functional sights, slide locks back, buy with confidence, many available on gunsamerica.com as everybody is upgrading to the P3AT and P9

P3AT gen 1: Stay away. Many Failures to feed.

P3AT gen 2: Redesigned....new extractor, no sights, slide doesnt lock, but (mine anyways) is very reliable.

You won't find a lighter/slimmer pocket pistol anywhere. It's one of those love it or hate it things. I wear mine in a cheep-o nemesis pocket holster and LOVE IT; I hardly know its there.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    I have a Tomcat.
    Very good quality, and much easier to shoot than either of the alternatives you mentioned. This is partially due to its larger size and greater weight, although it is plenty small and light.
    I have never had a failure or misfire of any sort. The gun has no problems with silvertips.
    Really, though, try these out for yourself if you can.
    God Bless
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

erh

Post Decisions, decisions...

I have owned all 3; my Tomcat went away after 1 day; for me the slide rides awfully close to the web of the firing hand and sure enough; I ended up w/ nice "Bloody" tracks on the web of my hand. Really "Bummed me Out"; it was very nicely made although I also found it to be very/ almost too "Thick" to pocket carry anyway...
    Beyond that, I still own a P32 & a P3AT (2nd Gens.) which, as "Plastic Pistols" go, carry nicely (In gen. just don't like plastic pistols..!) but make me a little "Leery" in the dependability department, although mine have been fine thus far...
    My personal preferance from those 3 choices, is the NAA G.32... Although my most often carried is an LWS32 Seecamp or Rohr. R9s 9mm. (Neither one on your list...)
    Eric Howland
    Savannah, GA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links